How many regular season games does Mickey Joseph have to win to be given the job?

How many regular season wins does Nebraska need for MJ to be hired as new HC?  

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

33 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

That is one aspect of our society that I find ridiculous these days.  So many people are assuming racism before anything even happens.  There is not one quote or ounce of evidence that our boosters, our university, or anyone that matters at all are racist.  If MJ wins the job, he will get the job based on merit.  If it were really an issue, don't you think Trev would have been forced to name Whipple, who is easily the more experienced P5 coach, the interim head coach?       

I tend to agree with you but I’m also not going to completely discount the opinions of people who likely have more of a pulse on the thinking within the state. This whole deal is a farfetched hypothetical anyway. MJ hasn’t coached one game yet and people are predicating what ifs on if he should go 9-0. It’s a pretty ridiculous scenario all around.

8 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I tend to agree with you but I’m also not going to completely discount the opinions of people who likely have more of a pulse on the thinking within the state. This whole deal is a farfetched hypothetical anyway. MJ hasn’t coached one game yet and people are predicating what ifs on if he should go 9-0. It’s a pretty ridiculous scenario all around.

The people who are posting it don't live in rural Nebraska....or even in Nebraska.

• Fire 1
  • TBH 1
3 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

JFC that is a lot of words.

I didn’t say he should be “given” the job but rather strongly considered. You seemed to have a problem considering him even if he went 9-0.

I have a problem with him getting the job even at 9-0 as the only parameter. I agree we find the most qualified candidate. If it happens to be mickey then great. But his record as a coach of 9 games, shouldn't be the only consideration. And the color of his skin has no factor in this and never should. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
1 minute ago, irafreak said:

I have a problem with him getting the job even at 9-0 as the only parameter. I agree we find the most qualified candidate. If it happens to be mickey then great. But his record as a coach of 9 games, shouldn't be the only consideration. And the color of his skin has no factor in this and never should. 

If he wins 9 games.  He probably wins the West and the teams ends with a 10 win season beating Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa and Minnesota.

You don't think he should be kept if he accomplishes that? :blink:

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1

36 minutes ago, irafreak said:

Then you are right, you have a problem. IF he took this 20 year dumpster fire and went 9-0…that’s the only parameter I would need. And it would have absolutely nothing to do with the color of his skin…..except for people who think that isn’t good enough and who think more parameters need to be considered.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

..if Mickey is hired, why would it be "on the cheap"?  If the administration believes he's the guy, he needs to be paid.

As compared to what top coaches out there would demand, it's a very safe bet that MJ would sign for heavy on the incentive side and lighter on the salary side.  On the cheap is an egg saturation, of course.  But still there.

• TBH 1
38 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Then you are right, you have a problem. IF he took this 20 year dumpster fire and went 9-0…that’s the only parameter I would need. And it would have absolutely nothing to do with the color of his skin…..except for people who think that isn’t good enough and who think more parameters need to be considered.

Wouldn't it be friggen awesome if he went 9-0?  Man...there would be so many good vibes around the program.  Complete opposite of what it was just 5 days ago.

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1

Jesus.....we were just speculating that Frost could keep his job if he goes 6-6.

But if Joseph does that, or better, having stepped into the middle of a train wreck, he hasn't earned serious consideration for the job? 

Here I thought Husker expectations had gotten more reasonable over the years. Now anything less than an Urban Meyer-led return to glory is settling? 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • TBH 1
24 minutes ago, TiredHuskerFanMWI said:

Does anyone foresee going 2-1 in our next three games?

Oklahoma - L 

Indiana- W 

Rutgers- W

Purdue- L 

Illinois- W

Minnesota- W

Michigan- L 

Wisconsin- L

Iowa- W 

I don't think this gets Joseph the job. Excited to see what he brings to the table. I am all for Joseph getting a chance with 6-7 wins. Maybe even 5 if Nebraska actually looks like a football team again!! 

• Plus1 1
21 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Jesus.....we were just speculating that Frost could keep his job if he goes 6-6.

But if Joseph does that, or better, having stepped into the middle of a train wreck, he hasn't earned serious consideration for the job? 

Here I thought Husker expectations had gotten more reasonable over the years. Now anything less than an Urban Meyer-led return to glory is settling? 

Yeah it’s effin nuts what some people are saying. Even 6 or 7 wins…after these last 3 games??

WTF, I can’t even….

• Plus1 4
23 minutes ago, SODAKSKERSFAN20 said:

Oklahoma - L 

Indiana- W 

Rutgers- W

Purdue- L 

Illinois- W

Minnesota- W

Michigan- L 

Wisconsin- L

Iowa- W 

I don't think this gets Joseph the job. Excited to see what he brings to the table. I am all for Joseph getting a chance with 6-7 wins. Maybe even 5 if Nebraska actually looks like a football team again!! 

Even if not enough to give the job to Mickey, well done if he goes 5-4.  Wouldn't be able to ask for more with a straight face.  And the team would probably be excited to keep practicing and play an extra game.