How many regular season games does Mickey Joseph have to win to be given the job?

How many regular season wins does Nebraska need for MJ to be hired as new HC?  

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, irafreak said:

I have a problem with him getting the job even at 9-0 as the only parameter. I agree we find the most qualified candidate. If it happens to be mickey then great. But his record as a coach of 9 games, shouldn't be the only consideration. And the color of his skin has no factor in this and never should. 

I’d hate for something as silly as performance and demonstrated ability determine who gets to be the head coach. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • TBH 1

1 hour ago, SODAKSKERSFAN20 said:

Oklahoma - L 

Indiana- W 

Rutgers- W

Purdue- L 

Illinois- W

Minnesota- W

Michigan- L 

Wisconsin- L

Iowa- W 

I don't think this gets Joseph the job. Excited to see what he brings to the table. I am all for Joseph getting a chance with 6-7 wins. Maybe even 5 if Nebraska actually looks like a football team again!! 

If he beats Iowa and Minny in the same year…he’s done something that hasn’t been done in a decade of Husker football.  I’d give him the job. 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2

It depends on a few things:

who else wants it ? If you have a top tier coach on the line ie. Meyer, Mickey would need at minimum 8.

If not he needs to get to 6.

Unless he pulls off a win against the Sooners and starts to get some serious recruiting traction. Then it's 1. (If he does this he will win a lot more than 1 but you don't wait to hire him. Let him get his staff and recruiting momentum in motion. )

• TBH 1
1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

Yeah it’s effin nuts what some people are saying. Even 6 or 7 wins…after these last 3 games??

WTF, I can’t even….

Same!

I'm not sure Urban or Saban or Tom Osborne himself gets 7+ wins in this situation.   I don't know what team people have been watching but the one I've been watching has won 1 game in the last 9 games.  And the 1 win was a life-and-death fight against against an FCS opponent.  

I guess it's a consequence of refusing to acknowledge how bad things have gotten under Frost? I don't get it.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1

Obviously no-one is guaranteed a job here.  But IF he wins 7-9 games and gets us to a bowl with a possible win. All with a team Frost was going to fail miserably again with it appears deserves ad pretty damn good look at the job. He is a proven NFL talent recruiter, can probably assemble a pretty damn good staff around him. 

Hey I may even like keeping him around as HC just for those purposes. What a recruiting pitch.  Hey man Frost isn't here any more. Lets win some games. 

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
3 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Yeah it’s effin nuts what some people are saying. Even 6 or 7 wins…after these last 3 games??

WTF, I can’t even….

Exactly. Hypothetical thought here.

MJ and Frost exact coaching careers were swapped and MJ was let go and Frost was moved to interim...I think it is safe to assume that the "7 or more wins and I still don't think he should be retained" crowd would have less members.

• Plus1 2

7 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Please explain this statement.  Why is this the case:dunno    Was MJ or his wife mistreated by Frost or the Admin or by boosters?

Apparently she and her brother went to a restaurant in Omaha and was told there were no tables, even though she saw several that were open... she believed it was because of race and posted all about it on Twitter.

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Apparently she and her brother went to a restaurant in Omaha and was told there were no tables, even though she saw several that were open... she believed it was because of race and posted all about it on Twitter.

The only thing i will say is that several times since covid started at several sit down restaurants i have seen this.  But they limit to the people the serve due to covid or staff shortages.  Now im not an idiot i know that there is racism and sexism all over the country still.  But im telling you that i have seen that before  and i was denied a table as well due to both of the above mentioned reasons.  

• Plus1 2

I'll say it again, if MJ does what Frost hasn't done in 4 years ie beat Wisky or Iowa and beat a ranked team, (getting us to 6 wins total) he has performed a miracle or exorcism.  Either way, he deserves a SERIOUS look at the minimum to be the next HC.  And has nothing to do with being a former Husker.  It shows me he can motivate, develop, scheme, and flip a culture all in the mantra of "Day by Day we get better and better", without his staff, recruits, scheme or whatever.  He will have crushed it.  And 6 wins sucks, BUT light years better than Frost...

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
On 9/15/2022 at 6:33 PM, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Will winning 5 more and becoming bowl eligible be enough, or will it take more? 

I think that will be enough if it looks like Joseph has them playing right....solid defense for the talent we have, controlling the clock and continuing to score on offense, special teams that we're capable of playing.

49 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

The only thing i will say is that several times since covid started at several sit down restaurants i have seen this.  But they limit to the people the serve due to covid or staff shortages.  Now im not an idiot i know that there is racism and sexism all over the country still.  But im telling you that i have seen that before  and i was denied a table as well due to both of the above mentioned reasons.  

Oh, I agree 100%. Point is, coming from her background here in South Louisiana, everything is about race. So whether it was really a racial issue or not, it was about race in her eyes.

• Haha 1