How many regular season games does Mickey Joseph have to win to be given the job?

How many regular season wins does Nebraska need for MJ to be hired as new HC?  

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Those who thought NU would beat Oklahoma just because Frost was gone and Mickey was in, were very foolish.  I thought OU would win by 20, but I didn't expect a full-on a$$ kicking that happened.

Mickey can't make big changes in 4 days, but let's see how he is able to build some things over the next 2 weeks.  I am still not expecting very many wins the rest of the season, based on NU's roster.  This one game doesn't end Mickey's audition to be the full-time head coach.

• Plus1 1

Mickey Joseph is not the answer. Don’t get me wrong, I do not mind retaining him on coaching staff but these kids need someone who will come and change their weaka$$ culture that has been going on for too long. Look at how physical and tough Oklahoma was playing at every snap and how weak and feeble our guys were. Our OL was pushed around like crash dummies. Our practice habits have been a joke and probably flag football like. Our defense lacks discipline and ability to adapt and adjust. We need a coach that will come and weed out the weak and push these players out of their comfort zone. The days of eating ice cream after losses should be long gone. Also, although Joseph blamed himself, there is plenty of blame to go around. Our players have no shame or pride and losing has become the norm. Losing is a habit and winning is a habit. Until a coach instills some husker pride and passion into these players, nothing is going to change. Mickey is not the guy to get this done and he is not going to win many games this year. 

as much as I hate PJ Fleck, he has instilled pride in his team and they are playing lights out. They dismantled Colorado today and they will dismantle us this year. Why can’t we get a freaking boat to row.

28 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

Mickey Joseph is not the answer. Don’t get me wrong, I do not mind retaining him on coaching staff but these kids need someone who will come and change their weaka$$ culture that has been going on for too long. Look at how physical and tough Oklahoma was playing at every snap and how weak and feeble our guys were. Our OL was pushed around like crash dummies. Our practice habits have been a joke and probably flag football like. Our defense lacks discipline and ability to adapt and adjust. We need a coach that will come and weed out the weak and push these players out of their comfort zone. The days of eating ice cream after losses should be long gone. Also, although Joseph blamed himself, there is plenty of blame to go around. Our players have no shame or pride and losing has become the norm. Losing is a habit and winning is a habit. Until a coach instills some husker pride and passion into these players, nothing is going to change. Mickey is not the guy to get this done and he is not going to win many games this year. 

as much as I hate PJ Fleck, he has instilled pride in his team and they are playing lights out. They dismantled Colorado today and they will dismantle us this year. Why can’t we get a freaking boat to row.

You have unrealistic expectations if you think Mickey had any chance of making a difference in 5 days. 

2 hours ago, gossamorharpy said:

You have unrealistic expectations if you think Mickey had any chance of making a difference in 5 days. 

Trust me when I say that I have zero expectations from the current coaching staff. Our players are soft and not physical compared to the Oklahoma’s and our big ten opponents. That is a direct result of the current coaching staff. If we actually end up winning 4 games, I would be impressed. It is time for a change and it needs to be someone who is a proven winner. No more experiments and I do not care if they have some baggage as long as the product they put on the field is worthy of husker football.

On 9/15/2022 at 8:27 PM, ColoradoHusk said:

I think the OU game is a free pass for Mickey. He’s just trying to keep the team afloat this week. If he goes 5-3 in the rest of the Big Ten schedule, he could get a serious look by Trev. 

I like Mickey, but he wouldn’t have been a serious candidate for the head coaching job last year. 

Probably not a serious candidate for any HC job last year. He is getting a chance now. This is how he can make his mark. He has a ton of work to do, obviously. 

Mickey has a 'mission impossible' in front of him, that demoralizing defeat just added fuel to the blaze. His only remote chance, is to create his own signature with some dynamic player development. In my estimation, it would need to be the quarterback position, and one of the young ones that will be instrumental into the future! My 2 cents...