How many regular season games does Mickey Joseph have to win to be given the job?

How many regular season wins does Nebraska need for MJ to be hired as new HC?  

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

I don't doubt there are some pathetic idiots in our fan base.  I just don't think it's a wide spread feeling.

Never said it was. I said I had heard some fans b!^@hing about MJ being black 

Some =/= wide spread or majority

JFC 

There are plenty of racist idiots in the state of Nebraska.  Are they the majority?  No they aren't.  However, it wouldn't be surprising that some of the largest business owners and boosters west of Lincoln are included in some of the racist idiots in the state.

Now, Trev could be a strong enough of an AD to be willing to say "eff those guys, I am going to hire a black coach, even if that means we lose $X millions of dollars."  However, that would still be tough to do.

5 minutes ago, GSG said:

WFC 

4 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

There are plenty of racist idiots in the state of Nebraska.  Are they the majority?  No they aren't.  However, it wouldn't be surprising that some of the largest business owners and boosters west of Lincoln are included in some of the racist idiots in the state.

Now, Trev could be a strong enough of an AD to be willing to say "eff those guys, I am going to hire a black coach, even if that means we lose $X millions of dollars."  However, that would still be tough to do.

The original statement implied that Mickey isn't going to get the job because too many fans are racist idiots.  Well.  If the vast majority of fans aren't racist idiots, how would the small minority of fans affect this?

Are you saying the boosters are racist so they aren't going to fork out the money for a black coach?  That's a pretty big statement without evidence.

• Plus1 1
15 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Nebraska is going to be labeled as racist... his wife already has a bad taste in her mouth

Please explain this statement.  Why is this the case:dunno    Was MJ or his wife mistreated by Frost or the Admin or by boosters?

I do find it shocking that MJ is the first AA head coach for any sport at Nebraska.     For this reason alone, it would be great that the MJ experiment works out. 

• Plus1 2

Guess I live in a shell. I woulda thought a good coach and winning was all that mattered in Nebraska. Maybe I’ve been in Colorado too long? Personally I don’t care if the coach is green with purple dots and antenna coming out his head as long as he gets better results than the last 20 years. If the race of the coach is really a problem in Nebraska, they can keep losing and I won’t care.

That is one aspect of our society that I find ridiculous these days.  So many people are assuming racism before anything even happens.  There is not one quote or ounce of evidence that our boosters, our university, or anyone that matters at all are racist.  If MJ wins the job, he will get the job based on merit.  If it were really an issue, don't you think Trev would have been forced to name Whipple, who is easily the more experienced P5 coach, the interim head coach?       

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
  • TBH 1

9 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Guess I live in a shell. I woulda thought a good coach and winning was all that mattered in Nebraska. Maybe I’ve been in Colorado too long? Personally I don’t care if the coach is green with purple dots and antenna coming out his head as long as he gets better results than the last 20 years. If the race of the coach is really a problem in Nebraska, they can keep losing and I won’t care.

The vast majority of Husker fans wouldn't care if the coach is black or white.  These statements are being made with no evidence that Mickey could win the NC and still not get the job because he's black.

• Plus1 1

That's a durned good question, and one that is practically behind every other discussion since Frosty the No-Showman melted. 

I'm thinking that the manner of the losses may not matter, after so many close games in the past couple of years, so yes he needs to win and show real, real progress, it he's to be our HC.  It'd likely be an on-the-cheap contract, so there's that incentive to keep him, but he'd need six wins and a good showing in a bowl game to cap the season to have an argument to be promoted, imo.  A small peripheral question would be are we asking for 6 wins in addition to the one already won, or do we mean 7 with him at the helm for 6 more?   Is it 5 by him and one for Frost? 

I'll go with give us the 6 altogether and the 7th in the bowl, Mister Joseph.  Do that for us and the Seniors. 

9 minutes ago, Hagg said:

That's a durned good question, and one that is practically behind every other discussion since Frosty the No-Showman melted. 

I'm thinking that the manner of the losses may not matter, after so many close games in the past couple of years, so yes he needs to win and show real, real progress, it he's to be our HC.  It'd likely be an on-the-cheap contract, so there's that incentive to keep him, but he'd need six wins and a good showing in a bowl game to cap the season to have an argument to be promoted, imo.  A small peripheral question would be are we asking for 6 wins in addition to the one already won, or do we mean 7 with him at the helm for 6 more?   Is it 5 by him and one for Frost? 

I'll go with give us the 6 altogether and the 7th in the bowl, Mister Joseph.  Do that for us and the Seniors. 

Well, if we get to a bowl game, the decision is going to be made before the bowl game is played.  No way are they going to wait till late December to decide if they are going to hire Mickey or someone else.

And, if Mickey is hired, why would it be "on the cheap"?  If the administration believes he's the guy, he needs to be paid.

• Plus1 1