Jump to content

How many regular season games does Mickey Joseph have to win to be given the job?


How many regular season wins does Nebraska need for MJ to be hired as new HC?  

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, lo country said:

I'll say it again, if MJ does what Frost hasn't done in 4 years ie beat Wisky or Iowa and beat a ranked team, (getting us to 6 wins total) he has performed a miracle or exorcism.  Either way, he deserves a SERIOUS look at the minimum to be the next HC.  And has nothing to do with being a former Husker.  It shows me he can motivate, develop, scheme, and flip a culture all in the mantra of "Day by Day we get better and better", without his staff, recruits, scheme or whatever.  He will have crushed it.  And 6 wins sucks, BUT light years better than Frost...

Mickey has more than a legitimate chance to drop the interim title.

 

Trev is going to hear "no thanks" more times than Pederson did.

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment

7 hours ago, TheSker said:

Mickey has more than a legitimate chance to drop the interim title.

 

Trev is going to hear "no thanks" more times than Pederson did.

I think you’re right that he is going to be told “no thanks” plenty.  If I was even a halfway successful coach, there would be no way I would take this career killer job. Any other opportunity would have to look better……but money and ego will cause people to do strange things.

  • Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment

NU is a national recognized program with past success and money to spend that is at its lowest point in decades.   The team has talent, at least at the skill positions, and the right coaches have shown to be able to get recruits on campus.  
 

Plenty of coaches will be interested in taking this program from a 3 win team to 8-9 win team and being tested like royalty for doing so.   And it won’t be extremely hard playing in the BIGWest.   
 

For a competent coach, this isn’t a “career killer” job.  Especially at this point in the program.  

  • TBH 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

I think you’re right that he is going to be told “no thanks” plenty.  If I was even a halfway successful coach, there would be no way I would take this career killer job. Any other opportunity would have to look better……but money and ego will cause people to do strange things.

I agree JJ....there will be a few that would take their shot at it.

 

It just won't be a coach that already has a good situation.....which are the "Tier 1" coaches.

 

And by that time Mickey might be the better option.

 

I do think Trev will talk to a lot of coaches.

  • Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

5 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

NU is a national recognized program with past success and money to spend that is at its lowest point in decades.   The team has talent, at least at the skill positions, and the right coaches have shown to be able to get recruits on campus.  
 

Plenty of coaches will be interested in taking this program from a 3 win team to 8-9 win team and being tested like royalty for doing so.   And it won’t be extremely hard playing in the BIGWest.   
 

For a competent coach, this isn’t a “career killer” job.  Especially at this point in the program.  

So Nebraska is the only B1G west university that benefits from conference affiliated resources?

 

You might be surprised what kind of resources places like Northwestern and Purdue have......

 

I agree Nebraska has the best fan base, but tv money is leveling the playing field big time.

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, TheSker said:

So Nebraska is the only B1G west university that benefits from conference affiliated resources?

 

You might be surprised what kind of resources places like Northwestern and Purdue have......

 

I agree Nebraska has the best fan base, but tv money is leveling the playing field big time.

No it’s not the only one in the BIGWest and why would you imply that I think that?  
 

I did imply that playing in the BIGWest is an easier road to success than the BIGEast division.  Unless you think the vast success over the many years that Northwestern and Purdue….

 

Nebraska is still a great job and will have plenty of candidates.   And this is an ideal time for someone to take it over.   The program has bottomed out from a W/L perspective but has talent on the roster.   

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment
Just now, Archy1221 said:

No it’s not the only one in the BIGWest and why would you imply that I think that?  
 

I did imply that playing in the BIGWest is an easier road to success than the BIGEast division.  Unless you think the vast success over the many years that Northwestern and Purdue….

 

Nebraska is still a great job and will have plenty of candidates.   And this is an ideal time for someone to take it over.   The program has bottomed out from a W/L perspective but has talent on the roster.   

Lack of previous success doesn't mean Jack Flippin' Cr@p with the changes in conference structure and tv in the past 10-20 years.

 

One of the reasons Osborne stepped down when he did was knowing the changes that would happen starting with the formation of the Big 12 in the mid 90s.

Link to comment
10 hours ago, TheSker said:

Mickey has more than a legitimate chance to drop the interim title.

 

Trev is going to hear "no thanks" more times than Pederson did.

Mickey will be hamstrung by Chin unless some scheme issues are fixed. As for Trev getting told no, it only takes 1 guy to say yes to get things going.  I have faith in Trev making the best choice for Nebraska.

Link to comment
1 minute ago, TheSker said:

Lack of previous success doesn't mean Jack Flippin' Cr@p with the changes in conference structure and tv in the past 10-20 years.

 

One of the reasons Osborne stepped down when he did was knowing the changes that would happen starting with the formation of the Big 12 in the mid 90s.

If one was to Poll every Power 5 coach on what job is most attractive in the BIGWest, do you honestly think Northwestern and Purdue are gonna come on top????:lol:

  • TBH 1
Link to comment

I think Mickey has like 4-6 games to prove himself. Trev said he wants someone in play before the signing date and to give a coach the proper amount of time to recruit for a class, you’d want that decision to be made before thanksgiving so they have a jump to recruit. 
 

Mickey could have been top choice to replace Frost as far back as when he was initially hired as AC, so he may prepped himself prior the firing. 

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...