*** The Official Nebraska / Oklahoma Game Thread ***

BoSolich

2 minutes ago, Terrabus said:

I understand that players aren't playing the way we would like them to.  And I understand that the coaching let everybody down.  But some of these kids are playing their hearts out.  Honestly games like these are great for teaching.  They're full of coaching opportunities.  

Winning is good for that too.  But that's not going to happen today.  So instead of crapping on the players who were out there and whining about the players we don't have I choose to support the players we do have.  There's not much that can be done right now.

If you don’t like getting beat to s#!t work harder and play better

• Plus1 1

I didn’t expect things to immediately turn around with HCMJ and it’s not all him. He’s got a bad deal. Terrible OL coach. Terrible OC. No creativity to counter their stunting and blitzes. Really? Defensive line is getting beat AGAIN for the 4th week in a row. Linebackers are gassed and can’t tackle. Mickey has a bad DL, LBs and DC. All a bad recipe. We will be lucky to win 2 more games this year.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, Terrabus said:

I understand that players aren't playing the way we would like them to.  And I understand that the coaching let everybody down.  But some of these kids are playing their hearts out.  Honestly games like these are great for teaching.  They're full of coaching opportunities.  

Winning is good for that too.  But that's not going to happen today.  So instead of crapping on the players who were out there and whining about the players we don't have I choose to support the players we do have.  There's not much that can be done right now.

I would argue that they're not. They have quit, and this is the softest I have ever seen them. They are probably going to cry in the locker room. 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Too worried about a nice guy with good character and a squeaky clean image.... typical loser's mentality

I think the issue is people are mistaken that this is academic program football.  This is semi professional football.  When there is the kind of money associated with a football program like Nebraska or big ten in general, players making money that is semi pro. Character or whatever of the coach isn’t as paramount as winning.  

1 minute ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

There are times you just have to burn it all down to build it back up.  I think we are quickly passing the burn it all down to be able to build it back up.  We need a home run hire this go around or we are screwed.

We did that after Winning season.  Nebraska doesn't know winning is anymore. 

• Oh Yeah! 1
Just now, Micheal said:

Still don't. How long would it before he has "medical" issues and steps away from coaching again? How long before he gets in some other scandal?

At this point who cares?  It's not like we can get any worse.  This team only knows how to lose and they do it way too well.  We need a proven winner or NU football becomes Kansas.

• Plus1 1