*** The Official Nebraska / Oklahoma Game Thread ***

BoSolich

1 minute ago, 3gunhusker said:

Thought he was the recruiting guru

He is. But like I've said all along, there's a reason why he's never been a HC. Great position coach, great recruiter, but not HC material. Unfortunately, we're gonna lose his recruiting skills bc I don't see him sticking around after this season. Kelly will probably bring him back and bring Allen in also.

2 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Urbs is like Mack Brown...he only coaches where he has a state full of 5 stars knocking on his door....but then he still runs a dirty program with suspicious things going on. Hiring Venebles back when we could have would've been a better choice.

Who knew Utah was loaded with 5 star in state talent. That’s news to most everyone I would assume. 

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

You're not wrong, but the context matters. They knew Frost was going to be fired after the Northwestern game. Then Frost is fired, and the very next game is against #6 Oklahoma.

It's not great, but it's understandable.

yeah that's a good take.  could be more of a an environmental ingredient.  Suffering for so long, things changing, taking shots on the chin from social media, then getting up at the a**crack of dawn to have an elite program rip you a new one.  it is definitely understandable.  context does matter.

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, Vince R. said:

These players have no pride. They are mentally soft and I have never seen it like this before. There are FCS programs who wouldn't allow this kind of play. The fact that they play this way knowing they are on tape, and on a national stage is pathetic. Right now, this is on the players. 

Ya agree, at some point you would pride would kick in a little but they just don’t seem to give a crap.  Maybe the fans should react the same and stop caring too

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1