*** The Official Nebraska / Oklahoma Game Thread ***

BoSolich

4 minutes ago, C-4 said:

One big difference between Moos and Trev is that Trev won’t value a candidate being the fan favorite. If he picks Meyer, then Meyer is truly the best for the program.

But because I’m betting Meyer’s not, Trev’s going to hire someone better 

I'm sorry but in today's college coaching there is only one guy better, and he ain't leaving Tuscaloosa

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 2
7 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

short summary: tons of players arrested, fake heart attack, toxic locker room, left before the Gator implosion, cheating, scandal...I'll pass. He has nothing to gain and everything to lose. If he comes to Lincoln, it is simply a money grab and he won't care about the team.

We could get Riley again?  He's nice. I hear what you are saying, but I'd still vet the guy.  He's broadcasting on national tv.....Don't know what guys like him with an ego would do.  He comes in, turns the program around and off he goes.  Leaving us in the capable hands of another coach from his coaching tree.  

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Meyer spent the 4th quarter explaining how Nebraska can get back to relevance. The kind of developmental team that he describes is not his style.

There is almost no amount of money we could offer him that would make him take this job.

Then Trev needs to call Urb and ask who he was thinking about?  I know he mentioned Dantonio and anyone from Wisky's staff.  Maybe Leonard?

• Fire 1
12 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

short summary: tons of players arrested, fake heart attack, toxic locker room, left before the Gator implosion, cheating, scandal...I'll pass. He has nothing to gain and everything to lose. If he comes to Lincoln, it is simply a money grab and he won't care about the team.

Let's see, LP situation, tons of arrests, sexual assualts downtown, Riley Washington's gun in his desk, textbook "scandal"(ok threw this one in for laughs) how does TO look in todays social media dominant world?????   Probably would pass as well????

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, PaulCrewe said:

Let's see, LP situation, tons of arrests, sexual assualts downtown, Riley Washington's gun in his desk, textbook "scandal"(ok threw this one in for laughs) how does TO look in todays social media dominant world?????   Probably would pass as well????

Bingo. People act as if this program has been perfect and squeaky clean. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Lunchbucket said:

I read the post.  Getting the troops to rally after all the s#!t that has happened is a miracle.  Ain't gonna happen.  He can get some but can't get all and can't sustain it overnight.  Looked like they got a good start then fell off and OU was better.

I'm impartial to MJ.  If he is successful great but I'm not holding my breath.  I'm more for a huge hire proven to do it.  But MJ is who we have till the end of the season so we roll with him

So you think getting players that are getting NIL money full ride scholarships to give a damn is a miracle? That’s your new standard. I for one think we can at least insist on having a coach that can get this players to give a damn or we will just keep firing them until we find one. My god if you can convince these guys to at least play for pride gtfo

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Meyer spent the 4th quarter explaining how Nebraska can get back to relevance. The kind of developmental team that he describes is not his style.

There is almost no amount of money we could offer him that would make him take this job.

Yep. Watching this board argue about whether we should hire him is like watching drunk dudes at the bar argue about whether they would bang Taylor Swift or not. In the end, you won’t get the chance so it’s all moot. 

• Plus1 1