*** The Official Nebraska / Oklahoma Game Thread ***

BoSolich

1 minute ago, Jason Sitoke said:

Yep. Watching this board argue about whether we should hire him is like watching drunk dudes at the bar argue about whether they would bang Taylor Swift or not. In the end, you won’t get the chance so it’s all moot. 

Or actually finding guys arguing about banging Taylor Swift, drunk or not. 

21 minutes ago, C-4 said:

One big difference between Moos and Trev is that Trev won’t value a candidate being the fan favorite. If he picks Meyer, then Meyer is truly the best for the program.

But because I’m betting Meyer’s not, Trev’s going to hire someone better 

I'd sure like to know who's better. He might take a different route, but it won't be because the guy is better.

6 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

This is my point.  I said it on the first page.

THERE IS NO COACH OUT THERE BETTER, except the guy who was a huge NFL failure/quitter for the Dolphins

I heard one of commentators say on an open mike that Meyers wife wouldn’t say yes- she likes Florida.

1 hour ago, southernoregonhusker said:

Mike Riley was 9-4 his second season which included a 7-0 start and a #10 ranking.  He was then forced to fire his DC for Mike Diaco whose defense consistently gave up 50 points a game.  

He sure was, with a senior QB and future NFL talent that Bo Pelini brought into the program. What happened after that 7-0 start? And his transfer "stud" QB Tanner Lee turned out to be a dud for us along with a poorly constructed defense and recruiting misses that set the program back several years. 

Unfortunately, Frost was a little too stubborn with the staffing decisions and scheme. Had several other setbacks not caused by his own doing, but was unwilling to adjust to the circumstances. Hindsight is 20/20, but the size and individual talent has improved within the program... sadly the coaching and development has not improved accordingly.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, URSS said:

I heard one of commentators say on an open mike that Meyers wife wouldn’t say yes- she likes Florida.

Not talking about that.  But off of your point, she's done Ohio twice and Utah, so yeah Florida is nice.  But know what else is nice to women?   $$$$ and NU coeds vs Florida coeds

Want people who say there are better COLLEGE football coaches for Trev to hire to name said coaches.

• Plus1 1