*** The Official Nebraska / Oklahoma Game Thread ***

BoSolich

1 hour ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

Only found that out a few days ago thanks to Reddit, if a coach is fire mid season kids can go into the portal for 30 days.  Everyone was amazed we hadn't seen anyone go into it and all our recruits saying "All N" in tweets.

Even if they just came from here the portal?  And surely that is at semester? 

Just now, Bigred_inSD said:

So much better than what Frost was say.  Accountability has improved 

Don't get me wrong, I really like Mickey.  However, the entire fan base has to be tired of all the talking.  It really means nothing.

Results.  That's it.  Don't care about faults, Monday practice energy, hype videos, mustache solidarity.  

Win.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2
5 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Even if they just came from here the portal?  And surely that is at semester? 

That part I don't know and wasn't discussed that I recall.  NU players can apply for the portal for 30 days from the date of the firing if the coach is fired mid season.  I would assume even the new portal guys could go back in but that is only a guess.

3 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

That’s nice and all, but this is not on him. You don’t decide one to start tacking and blocking. 

Exactly. His, "this is on me" portion was a bit over the top in my book. We all know it's not on him. It was more an awkward attempt to say exactly the opposite of what Scott would have said and what a coach "should" say.. Even so, a bit disingenuous. I mean, I don't care, but it didn't leave me thinking, "Oh, this guy is a master."

Polished speaking/saying the right things test... Urban won it in spades today.  The difference is night and day between learning on the job and been there done that. I don't have the stomach for another learning on the job project.