*** The Official Nebraska / Oklahoma Game Thread ***

BoSolich

This actually ended up about where I expected it. 35 point spread and I had it at 36. Thought both teams would score a couple of  more TD's though.

I've seem a lot of people say OU isn't the 6th best team in the country. While that may be true I'd hate to play any of the top if they are better than OU. Oh wait, we play Mich who is going to role us.

I am so pissed off still. I would kick so many players off the team. I would fire the line coaches immediately, and possibly Fisher too. You can tell that not only did players quit but so have some of the coaches, and they did well before this game. There was no pride being shown or used in this game. That OU team is not that good, and it makes it even more embarrassing to witness it. This season is a waste of time. I will not watch another game until next year. I see them losing out, and I just cannot waste that time anymore. I feel bad for Mickey. He has a complete dumsterfire on his hands. The streak should officially end. I don't care anymore. I trust Trev, but this product is agonizing. 

This is so pathetic to watch. These players have had their athletic careers ruined by being instructed and led by horrible coaches throughout the years. Scott should be damned for what he did to this program. On national effing television, a QB runs for a touchdown to tie the game, and the Nebraska Cornhuskers wilt right then and there, with three quarters left to play. These players can go with the coaches, and it pains me to say that because I am always pro players. But they wanted to leave after that score and I just can't wrap my head around it. This program is filled with soft and idiotic people working within its walls. 

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2
  • TBH 1

5 hours ago, knapplc said:

You're trolling Mickey? He's been on the job for seven days. Maybe give him a couple of games before starting this crap.

not trolling, but he's interim for a reason.  if you honestly think he will turn this dumpster fire around, yer delirious.  there are head coaches and there are assistants.  if trev really does due diligence and commits to a nationwide search, mickey is not the hire.

Bad coaching only goes so far.  The pride is in the players.  They have been playing football for a long time already.  If they need to be instructed how to tackle or how to block then we have recruited poorly.   The program went soft during the Riley era and it has never toughened up.  They look weak like they spent 0 time in the weight room.  The lines are horrible, the DBs are embarrassing, the intensity all but gone but i'm sure they still strut around campus.  I'd be ashamed to show my face.   Urban tried JAX, not really a powerhouse.  He's a college coach and he can turn this thing around because he can recruit.    Its cold in Neb in the winter, and its also cold in Columbus in the winter and he got that team stacked.   We got to go big or apply for FCS status,

Two main things:

1. Even though their QB isn’t really that great for how good the rest of the team is, Oklahoma is *so much* better than they were last year. Their defense has to be one of the fastest and toughest in the country, and their running game is improved. They’re a legit Top 5 team, and they’re better at this point in the season this year than last.

2. We weren’t supposed to win this game. This was one of three games that were pretty much penned in as losses for me.

Biggest single factor going forward is the team becoming apathetic. If that happens we could legitimately lose every single remaining game.

But I still think there’s enough talent to make a bowl game. It’s about trying some different things on defense to get the right fits.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Vince R. said:

That OU team is not that good, and it makes it even more embarrassing to witness it.

Sorry man, but I don’t think this an accurate take. They’re fast, strong, and we’ll-coached. If they avoid injuries to key players I think they’ll run the Big 12 easily and make the playoff.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Undone said:

Sorry man, but I don’t think this an accurate take. They’re fast, strong, and we’ll-coached. If they avoid injuries to key players I think they’ll run the Big 12 easily and make the playoff.

Time will reveal it. Either way, that performance was horrid. Our team gave up and I don’t understand how anyone can live like that. 

Maybe I have been drinking too much. But it just kills me to see this. I love this program and want players to have fun again. I envy my dad who can recall all the glory and I poured so much of my life into this program like the rest of you. I am physically detached from the state but it has always felt like an extended family and simply a source of passion in life where passion is hard to come by. I love Nebraska and today, for the first time, I turned the tv off and felt bothered. When I see a true freshman looking like a world beater, I know it’s about us and not them. This cannot be the fate of this program. We care too damn much. I just can’t believe we are here. I just can’t believe it.