*** The Official Nebraska / Oklahoma Game Thread ***

BoSolich

1 minute ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

Only found that out a few days ago thanks to Reddit, if a coach is fire mid season kids can go into the portal for 30 days.  Everyone was amazed we hadn't seen anyone go into it and all our recruits saying "All N" in tweets.

The portal part of this seems like it needs it's own thread to me. I didn't know that.

2 minutes ago, SoonerJBD said:

OU alum and fan here. Let me start by saying I respect you guys and root for you. Can’t say that about any other rival we have had. You have a great fan base. I think some of you are a little unrealistic about the state of your program. You aren’t getting Urban Meyer. He is an opportunist and isn’t going to a losing program to do a major rebuild. And I don’t think that’s a bad thing. Meyer is a snake. Honestly, I think your best bet is to try to do what OU did with the Bob Stoops hire. Look for a promising young assistant. Stop hiring legacies. Frost reminds me of John Blake at OU, although maybe a little less dumb than Blake. You need a culture change. The problem is, that’s not a guarantee of success. Young assistants don’t always pan out. You kinda need to get lucky. But you aren’t getting a top tier coaching candidate at this point. They are going to go somewhere with a better path to success.

I really hope you guys get it turned around.

Shut up we just stuffed the football down your face into the end zone don't tell us what we need.

(kidding around)

20 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

Money isn’t the issue.

easy to say last year we shoulda canned frost but let’s not forget:

-Trev was brand new

-We were in every game last year and the fan base was non on board with firing frost 

- as much as it sucks to say, there were probably 5+ jobs more appealing than us

First off, Moos was brand new when he hired Frost, so I do not agree that a new AD cannot fire the existing coach. I do agree that there are 5 other jobs more appealing, but disagree about the fan base not being on board. There were many wanting Frost gone last year (including me and many others on here). Trev basically admitted Frost got a 5th season because he was a former player. The data was there to support Frost or any other head coach from being fired.  

I also think now many fans will question the decision to not keep Frost for 2 more weeks. By allowing Frost to stay a 5th season, this entire year is now screwed up.  Trev must have thought we would be more competitive, but the decision to not wait until Oct 1 was an expensive one.  He took this middle ground approach and it has backfired.   

2 minutes ago, 559Husker said:

Would NU be selling its soul if they hired Urban?  Or maybe that's too strong of a statement....seeing a lot of Twitter Husker fans saying they don't want him.

This is lame. It’s not like he’s hiding out running from the law. He’s the featured commentator on the game of the week! I am actually losing respect for us if we are this narrow minded. If we start taking a •we are too good for him approach”, we are a complete joke! 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1