C'mon, Man. List Some Positives.

16 hours ago, chamrocck said:

Sadly I agree. I did not expect NU to win but I did expect seeing something different, better effort, tackling, inspiration. May have as well been Frost out there today as the result was the same. So it was a huge missed opportunity for MJ as he shot his shot in the first series but when OU punched back we hit the canvas fast. Like seriously grade F today. What was there to like? This team needs a serious head coach and not coaches in training.

I disagree....so you expected big time changes in less than 7 days? He can't fix years of stupidity in a week. Cmon. He took over a dumpster fire. God couldn't fix this team in 6 days. 

2 minutes ago, mwj98 said:

I disagree....so you expected big time changes in less than 7 days? He can't fix years of stupidity in a week. Cmon. He took over a dumpster fire. God couldn't fix this team in 6 days. 

The boys aren't playing hard for him, though. The team doesn't care. It's likely not Mickey's fault at all, but it is what it is. He won't be our answer as he doesn't yet command respect from the men. And how could he? He's only been with the team for a few months. The interim coaches that have a chance are the long term coordinators that the team starts to believe in more than the failing head coach. We needed that person on the staff.. We don't have that person on the staff. Its a fire. 

2 hours ago, mwj98 said:

I didn’t expect big time changes. I didn’t think we would win despite two of Fox’s commentators picking us. Did I expect better effort? Yes. Did I expect some new wrinkles? Yes. Did I expect not quitting? Yes. Did I expect a closer score? Yes. We got demolished. 

Face it. If our team put up a better effort and game yesterday, many would be singing Mickey’s praises and I think that would be fair. The fact is he has these games to go on his resume. At the end of the year a good showing vs OU would have been worth something. It was a big missed opportunity and he said it was on him. Next game up.

• Fire 1
10 hours ago, Husker03 said:

The boys aren't playing hard for him, though. The team doesn't care. It's likely not Mickey's fault at all, but it is what it is. He won't be our answer as he doesn't yet command respect from the men. And how could he? He's only been with the team for a few months. The interim coaches that have a chance are the long term coordinators that the team starts to believe in more than the failing head coach. We needed that person on the staff.. We don't have that person on the staff. Its a fire. 

Yesterday they came out fired up and ready play. But once they got punched in the mouth, they folded quickly. I was actually surprised that he didn't fire Chins before the OU game but I understood that he needed to have someone in place. Chinander was the black cloud hanging over the program. Now he has 2 weeks to get things reset and let Busch handle the defensive duties. The next game will be telling and will set the tone for the rest of the season.

defense looked good on the first series. why?  They moved guys, stunted, blitzed.  After that back to base and get man handled.  Chins deserved to be let go.  OU's D was doing what we should be doing.  Giving different looks, tying to confuse the O.  nope we'll just line up in the same base D that everyone, EVERYONE has been gashing.  Although the players have not even performed when in position I can't really blame them when the coach puts them at a disadvantage.  If you are going to sit in a base lame D all game you better have some studs... we don't.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1