What did we learn? - Oklahoma

Looking at results of other games, it doesn't look good.

Northwestern just lost to Southern Illinois.  Which is Southern Illinois' only win, and Nebraska is Northwestern''s only win.

Georgia Southern just lost to Alabama-Birmingham (UAB).

Expect a big drop in the Saragin or ESPN power rankings.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1

18 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

-I learned that our fan base has unrealistic expectations, myself included. I didn’t think we would win but I was hopeful that we would play more competitively than we did. 

-I learned that Mickey Joseph is a quality individual.  He may not be ready to be a head coach but he has the makings of one. It was refreshing to hear him take responsibility for the loss instead of offering excuses or throwing the players under the bus. 
-I learned that for many winning at any cost is the only thing that matters. That makes me very sad because having a quality football team is what set Nebraska apart from the others. 
-On the bright side we can only go up from here. I hope Trev takes a very long time to pick the next coach. 
-I love this team. It grieves my heart to see how far we’ve fallen. :(

Sometimes I wish I thought like you. However, this is a sport and winning is important and ultimately what makes a quality team. Last years team wasn’t awful but we didn’t have the winners we needed. This year we have some winners but a lot more losers. I don’t love this team or this program. It’s become dog sh$t. Mickey seems like a great guy but he ain’t THE guy. If we don’t wanna drop our pants and offer Urban whatever he wants then we will always be competing with Nebraska Wesleyan 

18 minutes ago, UncleTito said:

Sometimes I wish I thought like you. However, this is a sport and winning is important and ultimately what makes a quality team. Last years team wasn’t awful but we didn’t have the winners we needed. This year we have some winners but a lot more losers. I don’t love this team or this program. It’s become dog sh$t. Mickey seems like a great guy but he ain’t THE guy. If we don’t wanna drop our pants and offer Urban whatever he wants then we will always be competing with Nebraska Wesleyan 

Why do people think Meyer would be good for this program? Or that he would ever take the job? 

20 minutes ago, UncleTito said:

So you’re convinced that Urban is the guy. Is it only based on winning? I guess I look at what a coach can build in these young men to prepare them for the future not just a temporary win in the football field. 
I’m not a fan of Urban Meyer. I want a young hungry coach who is willing to work to build a quality program not someone who will come in for a bit then leave. That is so destructive. 
We would then be left with folks longing for the ‘glory days of Urban Meyer’ just like folks are longing for the glory days of Devaney/Osborne. 

4 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Why do people think Meyer would be good for this program? Or that he would ever take the job? 

Good question 

Just now, Nebfanatic said:

Ok and what makes you think he would come here? 

Just now, Nebfanatic said:

Ok and what makes you think he would come here? 

Money and a chance to redeem himself from the Jacksonville fiasco.   But that probably still won’t be enough to entice him to NU.   Just hoping for the best it will

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Money and a chance to redeem himself from the Jacksonville fiasco.   But that probably still won’t be enough to entice him to NU.   Just hoping for the best it will

Everybody has money and to redeem himself he needs to win fast. Maybe he can win fast at NU but seems like a risk from his perspective. Failure would be a pretty bad mark on his reputation

Myles farmer said they have been "tagging off for four years". What the hell does that mean? No tackling? If that is the case, there are a ton of things that need to be fixed. And here I thought Riley ruined the program. 

We need new linebackers....I have seen enough of 28 and 42. They can't scrape and make a tackle. Boy do I miss JoJo. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

Very little will change until competent experienced coaches are hired to teach and develop fundamentals and techniques and develop competent s hemes.  

l don’t like Joseph taking the blame.  Someone taught him to not throw the players under the bus- good leadership but not truth after just six days.  We were simply outclassed by a better team by a highly skilled and organized coaching staff.

We won’t be good for at least a year or two and success won’t come from this group of coaches.  I think we will be lucky to win two games this year and fortunate if we can retain our best players.  Until I see the players showing fundamentals  and conditioning, I all have no faith in these coaches.