Stai hot mic comments

Farms

34 minutes ago, Decked said:

Nothing he said was wrong. But should’ve never brought any of that to light. He is gonna get axed for that me thinks 

Yeah, I can't imagine Trev not being totally PO'd about this kind of crap. Bad enough he is talking out of school to his broadcasting buddies but to do it in a room filled with mic's and camera is plain stupid. Just the good ol' boy network in action I guess. He deserves to be axed for this.

• Haha 2

Except all this confirms the firing was a good one - confirms that Trev made the right call.  Puts boosters in their place about being the only ones in the know - I'm sure he'll get spoken to on his judgement of doing it on camera/mic - but it works for Trev and the program in the long run to have it aired.

• Haha 1
  • TBH 3
On 9/16/2022 at 10:29 PM, Farms said:

Assistant AD (soon to be former) Brendan Stai caught on a hot mic during a podcast. They reaffirm some of the rumors of Scott being late to and missing meetings. Discusses Omar and Yant threatening to quit the team on multiple occasions. Omar wants to redshirt so he can play his last year somewhere else. Then they proceed talk about how poor our o-line is especially Benhart. Extremely embarrassing for somebody in his position to be discussing players like this. Just an all around dumpster fire and frustrating on so many different levels. It’s been deleted but somebody was able to capture most of it and posted the link to reddit. This program needs a cleansing. 

Why doesn't Stai coach the line instead of sitting up there?

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, Hayseed said:

Listened to it...seemed pretty tame to me. Whoever shared it with the public should be fired immediately.

It was on Facebook live, it was public by default. 

Regarding other posts in this thread, I don't think anybody should be fired for this. If coaches don't want it to be public that you skip meetings, that you've given up on recruiting or anything else, simply don't skip meetings or don't give up on recruiting. 

It's not like he's leaking anything crazy. What, Benhart is bad and this is a revelation? I do have eyes and it's obvious. Stating something easily discernable is not that scandalous. The guy has several plays each game where he doesn't even touch an opposing player.

Regarding the alleged comment about a cheerleader, which is difficult to hear and may not be true: if you don't want people to know about it DONT DRIVE AROUND ON A BOAT WITH COEDS AND THEN BRAG TO THE ASSOCIATE AD ABOUT IT. This is not difficult. 

Some of you guys need thicker skin. Stai shouldn't be fired and more information should come to light about everything. Purge everybody associate with Frost from North Stadium and rebuild with somebody with a modicum of competence. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
16 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

It was on Facebook live, it was public by default. 

Regarding other posts in this thread, I don't think anybody should be fired for this. If coaches don't want it to be public that you skip meetings, that you've given up on recruiting or anything else, simply don't skip meetings or don't give up on recruiting. 

It's not like he's leaking anything crazy. What, Benhart is bad and this is a revelation? I do have eyes and it's obvious. Stating something easily discernable is not that scandalous. The guy has several plays each game where he doesn't even touch an opposing player.

Regarding the alleged comment about a cheerleader, which is difficult to hear and may not be true: if you don't want people to know about it DONT DRIVE AROUND ON A BOAT WITH COEDS AND THEN BRAG TO THE ASSOCIATE AD ABOUT IT. This is not difficult. 

Some of you guys need thicker skin. Stai shouldn't be fired and more information should come to light about everything. Purge everybody associate with Frost from North Stadium and rebuild with somebody with a modicum of competence. 

Whatever happened to "It's not if you win or not but how you play the game"...I recall hearing that stated a lot when coach Osborne retired. 

Winning is the objective of course. And when you aren't a winning coach, eventually you're shown the door. That's "why" you were dismissed.

And "how"? What were the causes for not producing wins...Fans attempt to make sense out of it. And players deserve to have coaches executing their end of the deal. Conduct matters. 

How one plays the game has become less and less important. We say that we have standards, principals. Is that really so? It's a mix of confirmation, contradictions and hypocrisy. It's not terribly difficult to identify. Look around. We might even see further proof in the not too distant future. 

As humans, we have flaws. It's not so much that we do but that some reflect and strive while others don't care to when it affects others. It's not in their self interest either.  Isn't that really how the game is oftentimes played?  

True or false, the important thing is being honest with oneself. That's ultimately what counts most otherwise we're just deceiving ourselves however clever we might believe ourselves to be. We all lose.