Chinander fired

GSG

Just now, Toe said:

Ehh, I feel like a lot of people are basing their opinions of Duval on the offensive line's performance, but a lot of that is due to all the weird, excessively tall linemen that Austin & Frost recruited. Only so much you can do with guys who are the wrong body types to begin with.

He ruined Ty Robinson.

• Plus1 7

1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

Pelini's 2008 team finished 55th in total defense and 80th in scoring defense (link) and got blown out at times that first season: Mizzou 52-17 and OU 62-28. And that's with a whole off-season to learn the defense. I don't think a change mid-season is going to do much of anything to improve the defense, but I hope I'm wrong.

Thank you for the stats.

He made a bad defense serviceable.  I’m sure anyone at this point would take the 55th defense in the country.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 1

I am ALL on board with the firings of these assistants, but projecting more to be gone could be inrealistic. You need bodies to run practice and units. Can’t just ax everyone without having someone to put in their place. Can’t install brand new system at this point, only fix as much as possible 

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, Toe said:

Ehh, I feel like a lot of people are basing their opinions of Duval on the offensive line's performance, but a lot of that is due to all the weird, excessively tall linemen that Austin & Frost recruited. Only so much you can do with guys who are the wrong body types to begin with.

Love his posts of guys squatting 800 pounds of guys squatting with crappy form. It translates really well to the field. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
15 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Of all the things wrong right, this is what you're concerned about? I'll take better defense and continue to not care about DB's celebrating incomplete passes.

I’ll take both. Celebrating the other teams mistake when you were burned and just got lucky is a symptom of what is wrong.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
3 minutes ago, hunter49 said:

i doubt it.  the whole coaching staff in an uproar. no trust. who is next? why?

Because he f#&%ing sucks at his job? And Mickey thought he was so terrible he couldn’t even spot the rest of the Interm season. Maybe if the staff is in such an uproar now they should’ve gathered together and called out the head guy. Or maybe they should’ve recruited/tackled in practice or tried harder to not make this s#!t show occur that got their boss fired 

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

Just now, Stone Cold said:

Im not sure this is good, this team is loosing there leaders.  Again im not saying they needed to stay but how much are the kids going to want to work or stick around when people they have had personal relationships with for years are getting axed.

Everyone understands college football is a business. To the kids getting a scholarship and performing and to coaches winning. You don't get win and results your done.

2 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

Im not sure this is good, this team is loosing there leaders.  Again im not saying they needed to stay but how much are the kids going to want to work or stick around when people they have had personal relationships with for years are getting axed.

We could benefit from losing a few of these guys who would pack in so easily. Looking at Yant and Omar. They coddled them. Told them they were special. And now they are weak. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1