Chinander fired

GSG

For those upset about chins being let go right now,  what do you possibly see getting worse?  Our defense is about as bad as it gets.   It looks like an average game of backyard football.   No organization,  massively missed assignments,  easily fooled, and just plain bad tackling.  On top of all that,  chins was Scott's buddy.   Pretty hard for him to focus after Frost was let go imo... another dead man walking scenario that had to be addressed now.  

I am optimistic that the change in leadership leads to some positives.   

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 1
38 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

I mean a liability in the sense that he's a bad attitude and cancer on the team as knapplc was suggesting. Or a liability that simply firing him makes us better somehow. I think he's a mediocre to poor DC that should be replaced but not a liability in the sense that it will be immediate addition by subtraction.

He is a liability in the sense that in five years time he's built the worst defense in the country.

Maybe letting him go helps win us some games this season, maybe it doesn't.   But we do know allowing him to continue to skate by doesn't help us win any games.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 1

Two things can be true.

1: Chinander was either bad enough or mentally checked out enough (or both) that Nebraska is better off getting rid of him. Therefore avoiding a mutiny and hoping to go from atrocious on defense to just bad. Then hoping that's enough to maybe help give them a shot at making a bowl game.

2: The talent level on defense (due to recruiting failures, coaching failures and strength and conditioning failures) is so bad that they have no realistic chance to get to more than 3-4 win this year.

• Plus1 4

8 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

For those upset about chins being let go right now,  what do you possibly see getting worse?  Our defense is about as bad as it gets.   It looks like an average game of backyard football.   No organization,  massively missed assignments,  easily fooled, and just plain bad tackling.  On top of all that,  chins was Scott's buddy.   Pretty hard for him to focus after Frost was let go imo... another dead man walking scenario that had to be addressed now.  

I am optimistic that the change in leadership leads to some positives.   

I want to retain the players that are worth a dam.   A young kid may not see the value in what is going on and want to jump ship or someone who is coming into town for a visit sees the instability and not want to be apart of that.  We dont have a new coach or one who we know for sure is staying so there is no one to calm down the instability.  Whats mickey going to say, thats anyone going to say.  Thats the problem i see in this. 

3 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

I want to retain the players that are worth a dam.   A young kid may not see the value in what is going on and want to jump ship or someone who is coming into town for a visit sees the instability and not want to be apart of that.  We dont have a new coach or one who we know for sure is staying so there is no one to calm down the instability.  Whats mickey going to say, thats anyone going to say.  Thats the problem i see in this. 

Jump ship to where?

I get that kids can enter the portal now, but they're not going to be able to enroll anywhere, and certainly not play anywhere, this year.

EDIT - I guess I should have looked up the rule. They changed it this year and kids can't enter the portal at any time until one of the two 30-day windows.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34593579/ncaa-instructs-schools-remove-transfer-portal-entries-new-windows-went-effect-source-says

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Jump ship to where?

I get that kids can enter the portal now, but they're not going to be able to enroll anywhere, and certainly not play anywhere, this year.

EDIT - I guess I should have looked up the rule. They changed it this year and kids can't enter the portal at any time until one of the two 30-day windows.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34593579/ncaa-instructs-schools-remove-transfer-portal-entries-new-windows-went-effect-source-says

Yes they changed the rule but it doesn't apply to you if your coach gets fired during the season.

• Plus1 1

Chins?

Eff that guy. We've been lied to.

They sold us a frat party, and called it a coaching staff the last 5 years.

The whole freaking s#!t show is going  to be used for centuries to come in Organizational Behavior classes to illustrate the destruction by arrogance,  and Stockholm syndrome. 

Bernie Madeoff could take lessons from this crew.

Eff em all.

• Thanks 2
25 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Jump ship to where?

If you would have read all the way through the article you quoted, you would have read the part where they can enter the portal right now. :lol:

"According to the spokesperson, if a head coach is fired midseason, student-athletes on that team have an immediate 30-day period during which they can be permissibly entered into the portal regardless of their sport's transfer window."

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

Now, this season, is not the goal that should be looked at. This season is already FUBAR and nothing was going to make it better now.

I agree. That's why I'm saying firing Chins doesn't matter whether we did it now or later. That's exactly my point. I'm pushing back against this wave of joy in this thread like firing Chins accomplished something - it didn't. Example of what I'm talking about:

34 minutes ago, KCBuc said:

See the source image

• Haha 1