Steve Taylor on Frost And Other Toxic People Down There

Some pretty harsh words from Taylor. Questioning Frost's integrity as a man, saying he betrayed the university and the program.

Frost skipped Taylor's reunion with a bunch of former players who had previously felt disconnected from the program. 

Taylor says there are other toxic coaches (presuming Frost/Chinander are as well) that may need to be let go. The radio guys miss a huge opportunity by not asking Taylor who he means. 

Taylor says it's mind-boggling to him that they haven't been tackling in practice. 

He says he's been hearing things about the administration over the past five years that blow him away. Of course, he doesn't elaborate, and the hosts don't push him on that. Disappointing.

• Plus1 6
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, hunter49 said:

sounds like the cancer has spread.  might as well can them all now and let the women's VB coaches take over.

Unfortunately it sounds like the cancer goes all the way to (some of) the Regents who knew of and permitted this stuff. 

Wonder if one of those cancers is actively politicking this fall...

• Plus1 7
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1

I think this is just more of looking for reasons why Frost was failing. I'm not defending the lack of tackling, but just a couple things:

1. Maybe there were injuries early on from too much tackling in practice of the 1's and Frost decided to cut down on it.

2. Hard to say how much actual info Taylor has on how practices went or if he just latched onto one or two anecdotes and then extrapolated from there to get the narrative out.

But for the record, these coaches weren't getting it done. The players aren't tackling well on Saturdays and that's all that matters. And Frost & Chinander weren't going to get that fixed by mid-season.

Have to just hope Busch can put a dent in the problems on defense by the time Indiana comes to town.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Some pretty harsh words from Taylor. Questioning Frost's integrity as a man, saying he betrayed the university and the program.

Frost skipped Taylor's reunion with a bunch of former players who had previously felt disconnected from the program. 

Taylor says there are other toxic coaches (presuming Frost/Chinander are as well) that may need to be let go. The radio guys miss a huge opportunity by not asking Taylor who he means. 

Taylor says it's mind-boggling to him that they haven't been tackling in practice. 

He says he's been hearing things about the administration over the past five years that blow him away. Of course, he doesn't elaborate, and the hosts don't push him on that. Disappointing.

I understand Taylor's points on a lot of things except this one.  Granted, this is a bad look for Frost but with the new coach I don't think I'm out of bounds when I say that....I don't really care about the input of players from 30+ years ago and I hope the new coach isn't forced to talk with them outside of an offseason golf thing (if that).  Look, I get the argument that it's important to have the old guys tell about how things used to be to set the standard but guess what, that horse has left the barn, the barn has burned down and on the land where the barn stood, it's now a Whole Foods.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1

On 9/19/2022 at 10:27 AM, The Dude said:

Should we be surprised they weren't tackling in practice?  They didn't even tackle in the spring games.  I thought we figured that one out years ago.

What confuses me is that Frost played in the era when the players thought practices were harder than the actual games.   Boy have we gone soft and it shows.

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, knapplc said:

I wonder if Taylor let them know ahead of time that he wasn't going to drop names.