Steve Taylor on Frost And Other Toxic People Down There

Slandering Frost, and anyone else associated with Nebraska Football, is a lot easier than trying to explain why this didn't work.  The reality is most don't have a good explanation.  I truly felt Frost cared and gave 100% effort for the first few years.  I think he began to question things early last year- the stress of the situation really showed last year.  He knew his time was up so likely checked out a bit towards the end.  I frankly could care less and won't give any of these articles or videos a click to reward them.  Here is to the next chapter - GBR     

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 4
  • TBH 1

7 hours ago, TGHusker said:

What confuses me is that Frost played in the era when the players though practices were harder than the actual games.   Boy have we gone soft and it shows.

It makes you wonder if we really could make practices harder than actual games.  

In my own personal marathon training, that's how I prepared for the last 6.2 miles.   I can't tell you how many times I ran 13.1 miles at around a 9:00 pace and followed that up on Saturday with a 14-15 miler running faster and then on Sunday knock out a 15-16 miler at an 8 minute pace.

Sounds crazy.  Yet, there are so many difficulties in training where I tried to make it tougher.

I just don't get it.

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, Hilltop said:

Slandering Frost, and anyone else associated with Nebraska Football, is a lot easier than trying to explain why this didn't work.  The reality is most don't have a good explanation.  I truly felt Frost cared and gave 100% effort for the first few years.  I think he began to question things early last year- the stress of the situation really showed last year.  He knew his time was up so likely checked out a bit towards the end.  I frankly could care less and won't give any of these articles or videos a click to reward them.  Here is to the next chapter - GBR     

I have a question for you.

Do you truly believe this is "slander"?  Additionally, since Scott has stated to multiple players that he wasn't being supported by them, do you believe that was also "slander"?  Finally, was it the right call by Frost to not show up for that olayer gathering that both TO and Trev appeared at, alo g with many former players?

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
8 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

Do you truly believe this is "slander"?  Additionally, since Scott has stated to multiple players that he wasn't being supported by them, do you believe that was also "slander"?  Finally, was it the right call by Frost to not show up for that olayer gathering that both TO and Trev appeared at, alo g with many former players?

@Hilltop, for me, Taylor came across as "respectful" toward Frost, despite what he really felt was surprising in regards to Frost.  All of that makes perfect sense to me.  When Frost was hired, [right, wrong or indifferent] it sorta felt like Scott was set up to be "the Chosen One".  I guess its why I've felt personally "betrayed".  I know folks laugh at me for that, but of all people I thought wouldn't bloviate, coachspeak or take shortcuts toward "restoring the order", I wouldn't have ever imagined Frost getting anywhere close to that realm.  Yet, it sounds like he did.  If that is "slander", I guess I'm guilty as well.

Here's the clip that this reminds me of ...

For me, Scott is Anakin and Steve Taylor is Obyone.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, Hilltop said:

(Disclaimer: This is only a little bit directed at you since you are the latest to do this)

If you say you COULD care less, that means you DO care!  The saying is "I COULD NOT care less" if you do not care any longer. 

Thank you for listening. 

• Plus1 7
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, gorp512 said:

Anyone else not care if they tackle in practice? A lot of teams don't including the entire NFL. 

If we didn't suck at tackling, I wouldn't care.  But, then how can you know if you suck or not if you don't do it?  We didn't find out until it was too late in Dublin.  

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
41 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

I wouldn't say it is slander, but it definitely is piling on after the guy was fired. If these former players felt so strongly that Frost wasn't living up to being a coach (beyond the on field results), it's on them for not saying anything until now. I don't care if he skipped a birthday party or a reunion gathering. In part, I think he would be reluctant to attend something like that unless the program was winning. Had he gone, he would be peppered with questions from former players that probably wouldn't have changed anything within the program anyways. So really, all he did was supposedly miss a meeting where he would more than likely have been a punching bag to listen to their frustrations. 

Lastly, what is gained by former players bringing up these alleged stories/tidbits now, after Frost was fired? My guess is just clicks and attention because it doesn't solve (or help) a lick for the program.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1

1 minute ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

I wouldn't say it is slander, but it definitely is piling on after the guy was fired. If these former players felt so strongly that Frost wasn't living up to being a coach (beyond the on field results), it's on them for not saying anything until now. I don't care if he skipped a birthday party or a reunion gathering. In part, I think he would be reluctant to attend something like that unless the program was winning. Had he gone, he would be peppered with questions from former players that probably wouldn't have changed anything within the program anyways. So really, all he did was supposedly miss a meeting where he would more than likely have been a punching bag to listen to their frustrations. 

Lastly, what is gained by former players bringing up these alleged stories/tidbits now, after Frost was fired? My guess is just clicks and attention because it doesn't solve (or help) a lick for the program.

If anything it makes the admin look worse along with Frost

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
3 minutes ago, GSG said:

If anything it makes the admin look worse along with Frost

The old Admin who hired Frost and “oversaw” him for 3 years was let out of his contract early. Trev came in and saw these problems and tried to correct them (or fire Frost) but didn’t have the full support behind him. Not sure what else the “current Admin” could have done. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
29 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The old Admin who hired Frost and “oversaw” him for 3 years was let out of his contract early. Trev came in and saw these problems and tried to correct them (or fire Frost) but didn’t have the full support behind him. Not sure what else the “current Admin” could have done. 

Fired him last year :dunno

Either way, continuing to drag all the skeletons out of the closet doesn't do anything positive

• Fire 1

Not excusing frosty by any means but trev himself even came out last year saying he was gonna help protect frost from doing too much s#!t outside of his actual job.  We dont know the full context and im not trying to create an excuse for the guy but i can easily see scenario where frosty is just inundated with request for events, taking shots/slights from previous players given their 2 cents, where he reached a point of saying F it, im not doing this s#!t off the field anymore.  Ive now seen a couple variations of that players greeting for frost when he was first hired- taylor here makes it sound like it was a heart warming gesture, ive seen others spin it as a weird event frosty had to do before he met with the players and other key stakeholders.

TLDR: Dont really care about this off the field s#!t not related to the s#!tty performance of this progrum on the field. 

• Haha 1