Steve Taylor on Frost And Other Toxic People Down There

3 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Let’s say Wisconsin is currently looking for a coach and all of the likely candidates are the same ones we’re debating.   As a Huskers fan, which one coach would “worry “ you most if they were hired by Wisky?

Anyone not picking Urban Meyer?

Yeah, Jim Leonhard will assume that program in the next 2-3 years and elevate it. Guy is going to be an absolute star there.

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, TonkaSker said:

Yeah, Jim Leonhard will assume that program in the next 2-3 years and elevate it. Guy is going to be an absolute star there.

Based on what evidence?  Maintaining a good defensive culture?   People thought that about Will Muschamp and Texas too.  

Ok, then Iowa instead.  Or any other B1G west team.   My point is that Urban is a close to a sure thing that there is out there right now.   

2 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Based on what evidence?  Maintaining a good defensive culture?   People thought that about Will Muschamp and Texas too.  

Watch a coaching clinic, look at the stats, watch his guys on sundays. 

2 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

My point is that Urban is a close to a sure thing that there is out there right now.   

It's not even a sure thing that he wants to be in the profession. If he wanted it and had the juice he'll take the ASU job, if not, we'll know.

It's further from a sure thing that he can coach his way through adversity since he couldn't even make it a season in the only other losing culture that's tested him. Anyone on the market that has is more a sure thing, imo. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

You folks who want Urban Meyer, I assume you didn't watch the second half of the game when he came in to cover for Gus? Because he laid out pretty clearly the rebuild he thought necessary for the Nebraska job. Nothing about what he said sounded like a job he ever had, or ever wanted. 

I want him.  But I’m not delusional.  I agree with you that he likely isn’t coming.  

I want wins.   I’ve about had it with all of our failed head coach experiments.  

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, TonkaSker said:

Watch a coaching clinic, look at the stats, watch his guys on sundays. 

It's not even a sure thing that he wants to be in the profession. If he wanted it and had the juice he'll take the ASU job, if not, we'll know.

It's further from a sure thing that he can coach his way through adversity since he couldn't even make it a season in the only other losing culture that's tested him. Anyone on the market that has is more a sure thing, imo. 

I’d guess that, at most, maybe 1/3 of all the coaches on the “ big board of NU coach candidates “ actually turn out to be really successful P5 coaches.  Which ones is anybody's best guess.  Leonhard does look promising, but I don’t want to take a chance on a coordinator.  I’ll support whoever Trev gets, though.  All the evidence I’ve seen/read points towards Matt Campbell the most.  

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

For those belaboring all the stories coming out about Frost's tenure as HC, and wanting to move on, it's important to understand not only that something failed, but also why it failed.

Ehh, IDK. I'm reminded of this comic:

w2rmep4zbge31.jpg

Point being that knowing the ways that the previous coach screwed up is of limited value when there's so, so many different ways that a coach can screw things up. Riley was practically the anti-Bo in terms of demeanor, but he was still a colossal failure for completely different reasons.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1

7 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

Word is that some highly influencial boosters (and a certain someone whose name rhymes with "Mom Cosnorne") stepped in and prevented Green from allowing Trev to drop the hammer. The first three games of the year went a long ways towards showing these certain peoples the light, and a few of these boosters came up with the cash to get rid of him ASAP. 

I have also heard this. Pretty much exactly. 

7 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

Let’s say Wisconsin is currently looking for a coach and all of the likely candidates are the same ones we’re debating.   As a Huskers fan, which one coach would “worry “ you most if they were hired by Wisky?

Way more worried by Leonard or Aranda. Wisky has had a string of successful coaches; hiring Meyer might be the best way to mess that up.

But it doesn't matter because Meyer is only coming back to coaching for the ND job, and maybe not even then.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
7 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

Let's say the Devil meets you at the crossroads and offers two division championships, a conference championship, and four top tier bowl games for your soul.

Anyone not giving it up for the Huskers? 

• Haha 1