Steve Taylor on Frost And Other Toxic People Down There

22 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

After the Georgia Southern game though, Trev had no choice he had to let Frost go then and there. The absolute worst thing that could have happened after the GS loss was that Frost and Co. would have upset Oklahoma. - (we all know now, that was incredibly unlikely to ever happen, but hey Frost was never really out of a game.) If he's allowed to coach Oklahoma and earns a win over a top 10 team, he likely stays on through the season and we are behind the 8 ball when he is let go. As a fan, I was curious, as an administrator, Trev did what he needed to do. 

this

And then Mickey did what he needed to the next week.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

So what's the collective take on this?

A couple weeks ago the rumors about Frost's private behavior and lazy coaching habits were considered unfounded or unrelated sniping, even by folks who supported Frost's firing.

We get some post-firing corroboration and it seems like the Frost rumors are now starting to be accepted as fact. 

It's important inasmuch as we're debating whether the problem is the Nebraska football program, and the desirability of ever playing or coaching here. When it might just be the culture of the last coach, a culture that actually can change quickly with a new administration. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2
1 minute ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

A couple weeks ago the rumors about Frost's private behavior and lazy coaching habits were considered unfounded or unrelated sniping, even by folks who supported Frost's firing.

We get some post-firing corroboration and it seems like the Frost rumors are now starting to be accepted as fact. 

It's important inasmuch as we're debating whether the problem is the Nebraska football program, and the desirability of ever playing or coaching here. When it might just be the culture of the last coach, a culture that actually can change quickly with a new administration. 

Maybe, but isn't this the same crap we hear when we fire a coach?  Solich had a toxic culture and had to beg Crouch to rejoin the team.  Callahan had a toxic culture and tried to kill the walk-on program.  Bo had a toxic culture and had the players against the fans/world.  Mike had a toxic culture and fed players sprinkles on their ice cream.  Frost had a toxic culture and missed meetings or was late because he was drunk.  Did I miss anything?  I don't know about anyone else, but I feel like Bill Murray in Groundhogs Day.  

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

2 minutes ago, junior4949 said:

Maybe, but isn't this the same crap we hear when we fire a coach?  Solich had a toxic culture and had to beg Crouch to rejoin the team.  Callahan had a toxic culture and tried to kill the walk-on program.  Bo had a toxic culture and had the players against the fans/world.  Mike had a toxic culture and fed players sprinkles on their ice cream.  Frost had a toxic culture and missed meetings or was late because he was drunk.  Did I miss anything?  I don't know about anyone else, but I feel like Bill Murray in Groundhogs Day.  

Bo Pelini ran a good program.  His toxicity was towards admin and "some" fans.

Callahan wasn't toxic as i remember.  Just not a fit that Husker fans were excited about.  Same as Riley, I believe.  Not toxic, just didn't really excite the fanbase...

I don't remember Solich's program as toxic, just didn't win like Osborne.

Frost, apparently, ran a disorganized mess. 

• Plus1 5
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, funhusker said:

Bo Pelini ran a good program.  His toxicity was towards admin and "some" fans.

Callahan wasn't toxic as i remember.  Just not a fit that Husker fans were excited about.  Same as Riley, I believe.  Not toxic, just didn't really excite the fanbase...

I don't remember Solich's program as toxic, just didn't win like Osborne.

Frost, apparently, ran a disorganized mess. 

Are you freakin serious!? All we heard about after Callahan was fired was how he disrespected and cast out former players, removed all of the 90s memories off the walls, destroyed Husker Power, and on and on. He was toxic to everything Nebraska and him and Pederson were doing everything in their power to remake Nebraska in their image. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
4 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Bingo! 

5 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Are you freakin serious!? All we heard about after Callahan was fired was how he disrespected and cast out former players, removed all of the 90s memories off the walls, destroyed Husker Power, and on and on. He was toxic to everything Nebraska and him and Pederson were doing everything in their power to remake Nebraska in their image. 

Callahan gave the impression of having ties to organized crime. Plus, his charts were so big that they could’ve possibly been implemented as solar panels. According to my recollection…

Top offensive line guy. He’s a grinder. Not head coaching material though. 

6 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

The one that sticks out to me: Callahan could have beat Auburn in the Cotton Bowl but wanted to be cute. NU had success running right at them. He was all about himself and not about the program. 

• Fire 1

I would love Urban if we could get him.   The record of the programs he has taken over the previous 2 years before he got there was 36-35.    In the 2 years after he arrived was 61-12.   This includes stints at Bowling Green State and Utah.  Florida was in disarray after the Zook years and OSU went 6-7 in that first year of Fickell's short tenure after the Tressel mess.  Point being the guy wins.   May not be a choir boy but I go to church to hear the choir not the football field.   Just my .02

• Plus1 2

I just don't get why Frost wouldn't be all in on running the team. You were the golden boy, fan favorite potential coach, you got a huge paycheck, the fan base was going crazy that he was coming back, and then you don't go all in?????? 

I don't get it. 

If all the things we've heard over the last couple weeks are true he must not have cared that much about Nebraska football. 

• Plus1 3
42 minutes ago, Micheal said:

I just don't get why Frost wouldn't be all in on running the team. You were the golden boy, fan favorite potential coach, you got a huge paycheck, the fan base was going crazy that he was coming back, and then you don't go all in?????? 

I don't get it. 

If all the things we've heard over the last couple weeks are true he must not have cared that much about Nebraska football. 

If truly all of the things we’re hearing are true, then he’s broken as a person. If that’s true, then it was likely a long process over the past few years and he left a very different man than he was when he arrived. 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2