Steve Taylor on Frost And Other Toxic People Down There

1 hour ago, Micheal said:

I just don't get why Frost wouldn't be all in on running the team. You were the golden boy, fan favorite potential coach, you got a huge paycheck, the fan base was going crazy that he was coming back, and then you don't go all in?????? 

I don't get it. 

If all the things we've heard over the last couple weeks are true he must not have cared that much about Nebraska football. 

His personal life was a wreck and his coaching suffered from poor choices in personnel and coaches until it was to late.  Scott needs to get his mind right.

• Plus1 4
  • 2 weeks later...

On 9/20/2022 at 12:54 PM, knapplc said:

You folks who want Urban Meyer, I assume you didn't watch the second half of the game when he came in to cover for Gus? Because he laid out pretty clearly the rebuild he thought necessary for the Nebraska job. Nothing about what he said sounded like a job he ever had, or ever wanted. 

The quickest way to rebuild is acquire talent and Meyer has done that everywhere he's been. I won't waste too much time discussing Meyer because it won't happen but he's absolutely a home run hire.

• Haha 5
  • TBH 1
7 hours ago, M.A. said:

Urban Meyer is a shady individual who has a peculiar relationship with the truth. He's demonstrated himself as an opportunist that's sought opportunities to exploit. "Excellent" coach. Low character human being. He got bored with college football, gave the pros a whirl and now he's seemingly flirting with other exploits again. 

There was the assistant that was abusing his wife. The disaster at Jacksonville. Cayman Nebraska. And the like. Plus, you never know if he might experience a brain aneurysm or some other health related issue to conveniently excuse himself. That he was receiving all that attention was the cause for him having a gleam in his eyes on set discussing Nebraska. Not the program. 

I can see the reasoning behind people's interest in Meyer. I just don't think the extent or significance of his character flaws is understood by most of his supporters. 

I'm not picking on you. I've liked a number of your posts. On this one we'll have to disagree about Urban Meyer being a home run hire. 

I don't think I've given my (worthless) .02 on the Urban thing so I guess I will now.  The problem with hiring Meyer at this stage of the game is it's highly unlikely that you're getting 2012 Urban Meyer, the Urban that came to tOSU and turned them into one of the end bosses of CFB.  The guy who came in and completely flipped the Big Ten on it's head in terms of recruiting and program building.  If you told me Nebraska was getting that Urban Meyer?  Sign me the heck up.  I don't think that Meyer exists anymore so for those reasons, plus the countless others that have been litigated, I'm out.  The other challenge is I'm not sure if Urban is really a program builder versus the guy you bring in to max out your existing talent and supercharge everything.  At UF and tOSU he walked into really talented teams that either had poor coaching (UF) or were stuck in a scandal (tOSU).  The reason why guys like Ruhle/Leipold/Campbell are so appealing to me is whether we want to admit or not, Nebraska is a lot closer to the pits of hell that those guys coached at in Baylor, Kansas, Buffalo, Iowa State versus the sports cars at UF and Ohio State that just needed a higher octane gas.  Nebraska needs a guy to rebuild the foundation and leave the program in a better place so (hopefully) the next guy can build on it.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 2
  • TBH 2

On 9/24/2022 at 9:46 AM, Micheal said:

I just don't get why Frost wouldn't be all in on running the team. You were the golden boy, fan favorite potential coach, you got a huge paycheck, the fan base was going crazy that he was coming back, and then you don't go all in?????? 

I don't get it. 

If all the things we've heard over the last couple weeks are true he must not have cared that much about Nebraska football. 

Very early on in his tenure I attributed it to the huge paycheck.  It appeared he was mailing it in pretty much from day 1 (although most didn't want to believe it).  I assumed it was because he got paid so he wasn't really hungry anymore.  Turns out he was thirsty.  In a few different ways.