Mood During 1st Bye Week - How Many Wins?

Red Five

How Many Total Regular Season Wins?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. How Many Total Regular Season Wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/01/2022 at 04:59 AM

2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I said 3. Figure we might actually play well in 1 game and then maybe luck into another win.

I was debating between 2 and 3, went 3.

We *should* be able to beat Indiana at home.  And maybe Illinois.  Or maybe Iowa since their offense is so bad that they will only score 20 against us and maybe we can get to 21.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I said 3. Figure we might actually play well in 1 game and then maybe luck into another win.

Yep.  Right now, Indiana, Rutgers and Illinois are the only chances we have to get wins.  Maybe they come out with motivation and something new on defense to steal the win against Indiana.  But, I don't think they win all three.

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Iowa's offense is so bad that if we can get one or two stops, I think our offense can score enough to beat them.

We should be able to beat Indiana with the talent we have. 

So I said three wins.

The sad thing is, I just noticed that Indiana is undefeated against three smaller programs.  They are going to come in with a lot more confidence than we have right now.

5 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Iowa's offense is so bad that if we can get one or two stops, I think our offense can score enough to beat them.

Agree.

But Iowa could easily be sitting at 5 wins coming into that last game.  For our case we need them to be at 4 or 6 so they are not motivated for that bowl trip.

• Plus1 1

I'm not going to predict or think about wins for the rest of the season.  As others have said, the team is an absolute dumpster fire.  I don't think Mickey and the rest of the remaining staff will be able to make much of a difference, mainly because this program is broken right now.  The only saving grace is that the Big Ten West is really bad, and NU also plays two average Big Ten East teams.  

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Packerhuskerfan said:

I think we win one more.  I don't see the defense getting any better.  If the offense can get back to playing more like the first 3 games, then maybe 2 more wins. 

That's the tough part.  The offense may have looked serviceable because of the first 3 defenses NU faced.  Defenses are going to feast on NU's offensive line.

• Plus1 2