Mood During 1st Bye Week - How Many Wins?

Red Five

How Many Total Regular Season Wins?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. How Many Total Regular Season Wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/01/2022 at 04:59 AM

16 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Iowa's offense is so bad that if we can get one or two stops, I think our offense can score enough to beat them.

We should be able to beat Indiana with the talent we have. 

So I said three wins.

Iowa showed against a Nevada D that it will be able to score against at least bad defenses.  Plus, usually all Iowa has to do most years is just wait for Nebraska to implode during the game.  Beating Iowa requires making 2 or 3 less costly mistakes than Iowa does and they are too well coached to do that.  They will play conservative and wait for the shoe to drop.

• Plus1 2

39 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Iowa's offense is so bad that if we can get one or two stops, I think our offense can score enough to beat them.

So I said three wins.

It's almost guaranteed that Iowa will look good on offense during that game.  We make awful QB's look like Tom Brady regularly.  They always seem to improve as the season goes on also, so long way until we play. 

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, runningblind said:

It's almost guaranteed that Iowa will look good on offense during that game.  We make awful QB's look like Tom Brady regularly.  They always seem to improve as the season goes on also, so long way until we play. 

Remember when we made Illinois' backup, like some dude named Chuck Swirsky or something, look like a First Round draft prospect

We tricked the NFL into drafting Clayton Thorson.

You can trace this all the way back to when we let Gilbert Grape speed-walk for 500 yards 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

51 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The sad thing is, I just noticed that Indiana is undefeated against three smaller programs.  They are going to come in with a lot more confidence than we have right now.

Their first win was against Illinois.  I think they get beat at Cincy this weekend though.  

I went with 3 but I wouldn't be surprised to see anywhere from 1-6.  Who knows what kind of impact MJ can have if given some time.  I think a lot of our questions get answered against Indiana.  If they still look crappy, 1 or 2 is most likely.  If they look improved and find a way to win that game, I can see a few more possible wins on the schedule.

If Mickey and Busch make any difference/improvements at all we might be able to beat Iowa. Their offense is absolutely anemic. But their D is very good. It’s sure to be a snoozefest. I literally can see a 0-0 overtime type deal.

The B1G West is pretty horrible but if MJ has lost the team, there easily could be zero more wins.

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

So I said three wins.

Sadly Iowa is saying 'Nebraska's defense is so bad that if we...'

This is what happens when a completely stoppable force (Iowa's offense) meets a very movable object (Husker defense).

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1