Mood During 1st Bye Week - How Many Wins?

Red Five

How Many Total Regular Season Wins?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. How Many Total Regular Season Wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/01/2022 at 04:59 AM

Will we actually improve? Cause I bet the rest of our competition will. Iowa may figure out a few things and their oline may overpower our dline. If the team doesn't get better...which could happen with all the turmoil...we lose out. If they improve a little, we can steal a couple of games.

Anything can happen in football but man this team is just bad for so many reasons. I don't envy mickey Joseph. Where does he even start?

1 hour ago, BigRedN said:

I had us at 5-7 ... and still do.  I actually feel more upbeat/optimistic that can be achieved now.

Already have two :lol:'s to this statement.  No surprise here.

What makes me :D even bigger is that prior, your view was probably 9-3, 8-4 or 7-5 ... and now your number is probably 2-10, 3-9 or 4-8.  Wow, what a swing for folks who were so confident and slamming others view of 5-7 at the beginning of the season.  When we said that the OL was horrid ... you also :lol:.  Actually, it was like ... chuckleshuffle.

No one knows what the rest of the season will look like.  Two weeks is a long ways away and Rutgers, Indiana, Purdue, Illinois, Minni, Wisky and Iowa seem to me like opportunities for Wins if MJ can resurrect this from the "Frost Effect".

Sure, we may not win another game ... but Wow, what DOOM and GLOOM by "the greatest fans on earth".  I'm going to believe that we can win 4 of 7 of those games and not changed my prediction.  It's all a soap opera anymore ... so keep your :lol:'s coming.  

Go Big Red and hopefully we can do this together in however many Wins we earn!!  :cheers

• Haha 3
  • Oh Yeah! 1
1 hour ago, BigRedN said:

What makes me :D even bigger is that prior, your view was probably 9-3, 8-4 or 7-5 ... and now your number is probably 2-10, 3-9 or 4-8.  Wow, what a swing for folks who were so confident and slamming others view of 5-7 at the beginning of the season.  When we said that the OL was horrid ... you also :lol:.  Actually, it was like ... chuckleshuffle.

No one knows what the rest of the season will look like.  Two weeks is a long ways away and Rutgers, Indiana, Purdue, Illinois, Minni, Wisky and Iowa seem to me like opportunities for Wins if MJ can resurrect this from the "Frost Effect".

Sure, we may not win another game ... but Wow, what DOOM and GLOOM by "the greatest fans on earth".  I'm going to believe that we can win 4 of 7 of those games and not changed my prediction.  It's all a soap opera anymore ... so keep your :lol:'s coming.  

Go Big Red and hopefully we can do this together in however many Wins we earn!!  :cheers

This is a good strategy to earn more rep points, well done.  

Also, the notion that we can't be good fans and still realize this may be the lowest point in 70 years is ridiculous.  Get off your high horse.  How dare we dislike the sh!+ we are being fed. 

• Plus1 3
27 minutes ago, runningblind said:

This is a good strategy to earn more rep points, well done.  

Also, the notion that we can't be good fans and still realize this may be the lowest point in 70 years is ridiculous.  Get off your high horse.  How dare we dislike the sh!+ we are being fed. 

Um, I was one expressing my own "dislike" and the sh!t [of coachspeak from Frost] and the folks on the "high horse" [several were even Mods] always seem to take the time to sorta put us "negative Nancy's" in our place.

It's just humorous that you would accuse a 5-7 of being on his high horse.  Prior, I was negative.  Now I'm positive.  Yet, the only type of person who would state this are the 9-3 person who now states we can't even win a game.  

It all might be true ... but maybe it might be good for these folks to stop predicting.  It doesn't sound like they are very good at it.  :-)

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, BigRedN said:

No one remembers or cares about  your prediction.  Weirdo.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1

1 hour ago, Jason Sitoke said:

No one remembers or cares about  your prediction.  Weirdo.

Ya, I get that.  It makes sense.  As predicted.  The same folks who bloviate some amazing outcome are also the first and worst to go to the other direction [and really only a few games into the season this time].

It's obvious that this hits a cord.  My guess is that one can look up your prediction both before and now ... and the deviation will be quite great.  It all points to your measure of fandom I guess.  Why not just stay with your prediction instead of throwing stones.

You are correct however, I am a weird.  Unfortunately, it's not another weird year.  It's just another year of awakening to those who have been asleep.

The way I see it, Nebraska will remain at only 1 win the rest of the season.  This team is lost.  Defense is in shambles and will completely implode before it's all over, (If they haven't already)   The offense will do what it can but will start getting beat up and worn out, continually trying to play from way, WAY behind. 

Nebraska cannot get a new coach fast enough at this point.  The Huskers are sorely in need a professional leader to coach and mentor whatever remains next year to a better place, both mentally as well as physically.  Scott Frost really left his SKID mark all over this team and franchise. 

12 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I'm not going to predict or think about wins for the rest of the season.  As others have said, the team is an absolute dumpster fire.  I don't think Mickey and the rest of the remaining staff will be able to make much of a difference, mainly because this program is broken right now.  The only saving grace is that the Big Ten West is really bad, and NU also plays two average Big Ten East teams.  

MJ got here just in time for the implosion.  any new coach will only come with his own guys.

no desire to enter a toxic atmosphere as HC?