This Game was More About

husker009

30 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I think NU-Indiana will be a close game. But it’s foolish to say that NU has this amazingly easy schedule when everyone else sees NU as the east game on their schedule. NU is not “above” anyone right now.

Hopefully they can pull out the win and build on it. The team needs confidence more than anything right now.

4 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

And Mickey would deserve the credit for building that confidence in the players for any wins that happen this season. 

It will be hard to fix the strength and conditioning problems during the season, though. The team looked tired midway through the first quarter. Not a good sign.

6 minutes ago, husker009 said:

It will be hard to fix the strength and conditioning problems during the season, though. The team looked tired midway through the first quarter. Not a good sign.

Of course. That goes back to the lack of talent and development under Frost.  You are just going around in circles now, and not even knowing what point you are trying to make. 

• Plus1 1
46 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Of course. That goes back to the lack of talent and development under Frost.  You are just going around in circles now, and not even knowing what point you are trying to make. 

Essentially what I’m trying to say is that we lost to a good team, it shouldn’t have been by that much, there are clear issues with the team that are probably not fixable, and the rest of the schedule is weak for the most part. We may have already played our toughest opponent and there are a few winnable games if they can clean up on some issues. The number of wins will depend on what problems can be fixed, if it all.

Sadly, what we’ve seen from this team is about the best they’re capable of putting on the field.  

Some of the problems are physical. Some are mental.   Until the players themselves are willing to work even harder and believe in themselves, truly, the end product will remain the same. 

I can’t explain how Scott Frost could outwardly exude such brash confidence / bravado, to the media and fan base, yet seem to be just the opposite with the team and players.  

If down deep within Frost he has long harbored sone sort of self destruct psyche or the fear of failure he so preached about to the team, then the Frost era makes a great deal more sense. 

Raw physical talent is one thing but if the team and many or even most of the players subconsciously are being ‘coached’ about not worrying about failure, the message may resonate as:

No fear of failure = it’s Ok, I understand if you fail, just get back up to fail again..  

Transfers in and out are adding up. This sends a message that seemingly ‘good’ recruits came in, are given essentially a one year ‘tryout’ and then encouraged to go.  Practices and meetings have been very secret.  So nobody sees it. 

I’m also at pandering if the sports psychologists for the department are a part of the problem.  It would help explain the issues of similar nature in mens BB and baseball as well.  

The women seem less troubled but I can suggest VB has some mental issues at times too.  The talent RICH VB team seems to underperform as well.  Cook reels in a top class every year but struggles to get over the hump and seems to need a few transfers last minute to put a team together.   

18 hours ago, husker009 said:

Maybe with Busch being DC there can be minor improvements each week. I do not think NU will have to play great to beat Indiana.

You're assuming Nebraska gets better and Indiana doesn't. Right now, I imagine we'd be underdogs in that game. We'll see what happens going forward with some actually tackling at practice and on offense that slows down to try to keep the game in reach. Who knows. Currently this team is awful.

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, irafreak said:

You're assuming Nebraska gets better and Indiana doesn't. Right now, I imagine we'd be underdogs in that game. We'll see what happens going forward with some actually tackling at practice and on offense that slows down to try to keep the game in reach. Who knows. Currently this team is awful.

Indiana is very lucky to be undefeated. I'm not saying it's a win, but I think it's our best chance to get a win in the next few games.

1 hour ago, husker009 said:

Indiana is very lucky to be undefeated. I'm not saying it's a win, but I think it's our best chance to get a win in the next few games.

So your saying Indiana wins games it shouldn't, and since we seem to lose those games we should win, you're not inspiring me to be hopeful yet.

• Plus1 1