This Game was More About

husker009

9 minutes ago, husker009 said:

Is it not true that the rest of the schedule is incredibly weak? He shouldn’t get props for beating Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, and Rutgers. We should have higher standards. 

The first 3 games of the schedule was the weakest part of the schedule, but you seem to think that NU lost 2 of them due to "unlucky breaks".

Also, it's time to lower our standards for now.  The football program the past 8 years (or even the past 5 years) is about as bad as Illinois and Rutgers, and Indiana has at least one really good season in 2020.  Like it or not, Iowa is a much better football program right now.  NU needs to crawl before us fans can even think about running a 4.5 forty.

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

The first 3 games of the schedule was the weakest part of the schedule, but you seem to think that NU lost 2 of them due to "unlucky breaks".

Also, it's time to lower our standards for now.  The football program the past 8 years (or even the past 5 years) is about as bad as Illinois and Rutgers, and Indiana has at least one really good season in 2020.  Like it or not, Iowa is a much better football program right now.  NU needs to crawl before us fans can even think about running a 4.5 forty.

I feel like even those crappy teams pull off some upsets...not NU thought!!!

• Plus1 1

34 minutes ago, husker009 said:

Is it not true that the rest of the schedule is incredibly weak? He shouldn’t get props for beating Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, and Rutgers. We should have higher standards. 

No that's not true at all. November has 4 teams that all beat us last year, went to bowl games, and had 9-12 wins on the season. They went a combined 40-12.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, husker009 said:

I can't believe people actually think Indiana and Iowa are good teams. We've played a tougher schedule than either of them. Let's see how they would do against OU.

That’s one game. NU has lost 3. Nobody is saying Indiana and Iowa are great or even good teams, but NU is the worst team in the conference right now. 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

That’s one game. NU has lost 3. Nobody is saying Indiana and Iowa are great or even good teams, but NU is the worst team in the conference right now. 

Maybe with Busch being DC there can be minor improvements each week. I do not think NU will have to play great to beat Indiana.

Just now, husker009 said:

Maybe with Busch being DC there can be minor improvements each week. I do not think NU will have to play great to beat Indiana.

I think NU-Indiana will be a close game. But it’s foolish to say that NU has this amazingly easy schedule when everyone else sees NU as the east game on their schedule. NU is not “above” anyone right now.

• Plus1 1