Couple Of More Staff Changes Coming This Week

6 hours ago, gorp512 said:

What is the use of the methodical releases? Imagine trying to listen to a coach you all know all be gone before the next game

I believe it has to do with when Joseph decides he can't work with a particular coach.  He wants changes.  If that coach refuses to change and there is someone that can step into the roll, they will be gone.

Obviously, Chins wasn't willing to make the changes Joseph wanted.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I don't see Raiola getting let go.  It's not his fault that he inherited guys with limited talent and development over the past few years.

I was just going to ask about Raiola.  Are our linemen really that bad?  I mean, I see the garbage they put on the field every week, but is it that they're lacking talent, or our player development is three years behind schedule?

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

I don't see Raiola getting let go.  It's not his fault that he inherited guys with limited talent and development over the past few years.

Right, I would think this is it for the actual coaches for now. You have to have guys able to step into their roles, we don't gain anything by promoting a GA or analyst over any of the position coaches. The coordinators (well and HC) are the roles where a change can make a huge difference.

I don't know how much Busch will change, but I said it in another thread - a midseason DC change worked wonders for Minnesota. They weren't also dealing with a HC change and it's far from a guarantee, but it's worked before. They were giving up 43 points per game in conference play in 2018, then gave up 15 per game in the last 4 games with Rossi. They've been good since, he was up for the Broyles award last year. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, MasterPulverizer said:

I was just going to ask about Raiola.  Are our linemen really that bad?  I mean, I see the garbage they put on the field every week, but is it that they're lacking talent, or our player development is three years behind schedule?

The blelow info was in the 2022 offensive line thread, which came from a Mitch Sherman article on Monday.  There have been a lot of recruiting whiffs and poor development on the offensive line.  I fail to see how this is Raiola's fault.

Will Farniok .8581 #15 C - Transferred to Tulsa

Willie Canty .8526 #91 OT - Never made it to campus

Bryce Benhart .9349 #13 OT - Feet turned into cinder blocks

Desmond Bland .8871 #1 OG JUCO - Never made it to campus

Michael Lynn .8614 #67 OT - Never played

Brant Banks .8613 #68 OT - Barely played

Matthew Anderson .8572 #77 OT - Transferred to Campbell

Ethan Piper .8410 #90 DT - Played as a FR and SO, can't see the field anymore

Jimmy Fritzche .8310 #146 OT - Transfer portaled to ???

Turner Cocoran .9748 #4 OT - 8th highest ranked recruit since 2000, can't play tackle at all

Alex Conn .8647 #55 OT - Hasn't seen the field

Teddy Prochazka .9105 #18 OT - Started as a TFr, injury prone?

Henry Lutovsky .8809 #32 G - Backup as a RFr

Branson Yager .8566 #83 OT - Left after 1 semester, whereabouts unknown

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The blelow info was in the 2022 offensive line thread, which came from a Mitch Sherman article on Monday.  There have been a lot of recruiting whiffs and poor development on the offensive line.  I fail to see how this is Raiola's fault.

Will Farniok .8581 #15 C - Transferred to Tulsa

Willie Canty .8526 #91 OT - Never made it to campus

Bryce Benhart .9349 #13 OT - Feet turned into cinder blocks

Desmond Bland .8871 #1 OG JUCO - Never made it to campus

Michael Lynn .8614 #67 OT - Never played

Brant Banks .8613 #68 OT - Barely played

Matthew Anderson .8572 #77 OT - Transferred to Campbell

Ethan Piper .8410 #90 DT - Played as a FR and SO, can't see the field anymore

Jimmy Fritzche .8310 #146 OT - Transfer portaled to ???

Turner Cocoran .9748 #4 OT - 8th highest ranked recruit since 2000, can't play tackle at all

Alex Conn .8647 #55 OT - Hasn't seen the field

Teddy Prochazka .9105 #18 OT - Started as a TFr, injury prone?

Henry Lutovsky .8809 #32 G - Backup as a RFr

Branson Yager .8566 #83 OT - Left after 1 semester, whereabouts unknown

This is also a fun exercise to do with WRs

33 minutes ago, MasterPulverizer said:

They lack talent BECAUSE they are 3 years behind in development... however, I don't see much improvement from last year, thus, Raiola hasn't exactly been a major plus thus far... can't say he's been a negative tho; simply to early to tell.

• Plus1 1