Couple Of More Staff Changes Coming This Week

10 minutes ago, ZRod said:

We still ran a multiple 3-4 with a ton of 4-3 fronts. Just like Chins did. The biggest difference last night was 

less cover 2 and more single high safety with man-to-man coverages. Plus, I think Bill had us blitzing quite a bit the first few series. We basically told the Indian QB from the get go that he had to be on time with the throw or he was going to be on his back or scrambling. It's amazing what making a QB uncomfortable early can do for you.

So your telling me Chins was never smarter then that to figure it out? Guess not that's why he isn't here anymore just like I don't see him being a defensive coordinator at the next school he goes too.

1 hour ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

So your telling me Chins was never smarter then that to figure it out? Guess not that's why he isn't here anymore just like I don't see him being a defensive coordinator at the next school he goes too.

He was far too conservative imo. More pressure and less zone against Northwestern would have secured a W.

Dumb? No. Stubborn and conservative? For sure.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
57 minutes ago, ZRod said:

He was far too conservative imo. More pressure and less zone against Northwestern would have secured a W.

Dumb? No. Stubborn and conservative? For sure.

The no pressure zone was maddening.  Letting the QB just play 7 v 7.

I saw some good DB play last night.  That 13 kid looks like he has potential.  I actually liked the PI penalties.  None of them seemed dumb.  Just aggressive.