September Bye Week Pressers

Mavric

10 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Years ago...I had some dooshers on my staff, they kind of wormed their way on and after two years of telling them no...they finally got on the staff.  They were typical Dad coaches, one was a great guy just a little pushy, the other was a great guy but when it came to coaching just a total spaz.

The spaz just wanted to blitz, like, all out blitz on every down.  His theory was that we could either play it safe on defense and keep the games close but possibly still lose or that we could blitz non-stop and make some plays.  

Me and the non dad coaches were like...yeah we sort of want to keep games close and give the team a chance...instead of watching the other team break off 60 yard TD runs all the time.

I played LB in high school. Contrary to what I’m sure you think, no I wasn’t very good. I usually would be the one to take the defensive calls from the sidelines. We only had about two D sets and really didn’t even have designed blitzs. Yeah we sucked. But about once every 3 or 4 plays we would just decide in the huddle on a guy or two to blitz. Did that all year and the coaches only called us out on it one time. I really don’t think our coaches knew jacks#!t. Thus our 2-7 record :lol:

• Haha 3
Just now, JJ Husker said:

I played LB in high school. Contrary to what I’m sure you think, no I wasn’t very good. I usually would be the one to take the defensive calls from the sidelines. We only had about two D sets and really didn’t even have designed blitzs. Yeah we sucked. But about once every 3 or 4 plays we would just decide in the huddle on a guy or two to blitz. Did that all year and the coaches only called us out on it one time. I really don’t think our coaches knew jacks#!t. Thus our 2-7 record :lol:

Hahaha! 

I have yelled out "Hey...you don't get to make your own calls" to my guys sooooo many times!  Uggggg

On 9/20/2022 at 1:46 PM, teachercd said:

Hahaha! 

I have yelled out "Hey...you don't get to make your own calls" to my guys sooooo many times!  Uggggg

Do they ask why the ball boy is yelling at them again?

I remember when our QB called his own number in the huddle. The guy that ran the play in was like "wtf that's not what coach called!" Some of the linemen told the kid to shut up and listen. QB just repeated "15 dart on one". Then proceeded to take it to the house. Funniest and most awesome thing I've been a part of. Coaches just made a joke about it being the wrong play in film the next day. :lol:

20 hours ago, ZRod said:

Applewhite has had his guys ready to play. He deserves to stay. They've been excellent in blitz pickup and protection, and obviously making something out of nothing in the run game.

I agree with this. I even thought Ervin stepped up pretty well after Allen went down.

• Plus1 1
On 9/20/2022 at 11:41 AM, teachercd said:

I just wanted to get that season from hell over...that was my last season coaching at that school.  It could not end soon enough.  It went from the funnest coaching gig I ever had to the worst.

I thought your coaching career ended more ominously after you took over the girls fencing club, despite little to no experience in fencing?