Jump to content

September Bye Week Pressers


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, desertshox said:

 

should have told him they have to earn the right to blitz.

I just wanted to get that season from hell over...that was my last season coaching at that school.  It could not end soon enough.  It went from the funnest coaching gig I ever had to the worst.

Link to comment

10 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Years ago...I had some dooshers on my staff, they kind of wormed their way on and after two years of telling them no...they finally got on the staff.  They were typical Dad coaches, one was a great guy just a little pushy, the other was a great guy but when it came to coaching just a total spaz.

 

The spaz just wanted to blitz, like, all out blitz on every down.  His theory was that we could either play it safe on defense and keep the games close but possibly still lose or that we could blitz non-stop and make some plays.  

 

Me and the non dad coaches were like...yeah we sort of want to keep games close and give the team a chance...instead of watching the other team break off 60 yard TD runs all the time.

I played LB in high school. Contrary to what I’m sure you think, no I wasn’t very good. I usually would be the one to take the defensive calls from the sidelines. We only had about two D sets and really didn’t even have designed blitzs. Yeah we sucked. But about once every 3 or 4 plays we would just decide in the huddle on a guy or two to blitz. Did that all year and the coaches only called us out on it one time. I really don’t think our coaches knew jacks#!t. Thus our 2-7 record :lol:

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Just now, JJ Husker said:

I played LB in high school. Contrary to what I’m sure you think, no I wasn’t very good. I usually would be the one to take the defensive calls from the sidelines. We only had about two D sets and really didn’t even have designed blitzs. Yeah we sucked. But about once every 3 or 4 plays we would just decide in the huddle on a guy or two to blitz. Did that all year and the coaches only called us out on it one time. I really don’t think our coaches knew jacks#!t. Thus our 2-7 record :lol:

Hahaha! 

 

I have yelled out "Hey...you don't get to make your own calls" to my guys sooooo many times!  Uggggg

Link to comment

On 9/20/2022 at 1:40 PM, desertshox said:

 

no major (bryan) applewhite?

Applewhite has had his guys ready to play. He deserves to stay. They've been excellent in blitz pickup and protection, and obviously making something out of nothing in the run game.

Link to comment
On 9/20/2022 at 1:46 PM, teachercd said:

Hahaha! 

 

I have yelled out "Hey...you don't get to make your own calls" to my guys sooooo many times!  Uggggg

Do they ask why the ball boy is yelling at them again?

 

I remember when our QB called his own number in the huddle. The guy that ran the play in was like "wtf that's not what coach called!" Some of the linemen told the kid to shut up and listen. QB just repeated "15 dart on one". Then proceeded to take it to the house. Funniest and most awesome thing I've been a part of. Coaches just made a joke about it being the wrong play in film the next day. :lol:

Link to comment
20 hours ago, ZRod said:

Applewhite has had his guys ready to play. He deserves to stay. They've been excellent in blitz pickup and protection, and obviously making something out of nothing in the run game.

I agree with this. I even thought Ervin stepped up pretty well after Allen went down.

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment
On 9/20/2022 at 11:41 AM, teachercd said:

I just wanted to get that season from hell over...that was my last season coaching at that school.  It could not end soon enough.  It went from the funnest coaching gig I ever had to the worst.

I thought your coaching career ended more ominously after you took over the girls fencing club, despite little to no experience in fencing?

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...