OT Brandon Baker [Texas - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

40 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Baker commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

Player: Brandon Baker

Hometown: Santa Ana, California

School: Mater Dei

Position: Offensive Tackle

Height: 6-5

Weight: 285

Power 5 Offers: Arizona, Florida, Louisville, Miami, Michigan, Michigan State, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Oregon, Penn State, Tennessee, Texas, Texas A&M, UCLA, USC, Washington

Visits: 3/24/23; 4/22/23 - Spring Game; 9/16/23 vs Northern Illinois

Twitter

247 Composite: #38 Overall; #1 OT; .9776; :FourStar:

On3 Composite: #28 Overall; #1 OT; 95.30; :FourStar:

Rivals: #89 Overall; #7 OT; :FourStar:
247: #20 Overall; #1 OT; :FourStar:

On3: #27 Overall; #3 OT; :FourStar:
ESPN: #115 Overall; #9 OT; :FourStar:

Hudl

• 5 months later...

Player: Brandon Baker

Hometown: Santa Ana, California

School: Mater Dei

Position: Offensive Tackle

Height: 6-5

Weight: 285

Power 5 Offers: Arizona, Florida, Louisville, Miami, Michigan, Michigan State, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Oregon, Penn State, Tennessee, Texas, Texas A&M, UCLA, USC, Washington

Visits

Twitter

247 Composite: #38 Overall; #1 OT; .9776; :FourStar:

On3 Composite: #28 Overall; #1 OT; 95.30; :FourStar:

Rivals: #89 Overall; #7 OT; :FourStar:
247: #20 Overall; #1 OT; :FourStar:

On3: #27 Overall; #3 OT; :FourStar:
ESPN: #115 Overall; #9 OT; :FourStar:

Hudl

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Visiting for the big Junior Day

Wow, the talent continues to grow for that day. If DR does commit, it’s very realistic for N to have a top 15 if not a top 10 class.  I say maybe top 15 but by choice with Rhule including some overlooked but high-ceiling three-star  talent. 

20 minutes ago, Pedro G said:

Wow, the talent continues to grow for that day. If DR does commit, it’s very realistic for N to have a top 15 if not a top 10 class.  I say maybe top 15 but by choice with Rhule including some overlooked but high-ceiling three-star  talent. 

Top 10 is a stretch. Let’s get top 15-20 first before anything here 

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Decked said:

Top 10 is a stretch. Let’s get top 15-20 first before anything here 

For reference, Nebraska landed 4 consensus 4* recruits in 2023, the #24 class in the country.

The #15 class had 2 5* and 11 4* players. The #14 class had 18 4* players. The #10 class had 1 5* and 18 4* players.

The gap between the #15 class and the #10 class isn't too big, but the gap between where Nebraska is (#24) and #15 is huge.  It would involve landing nearly all of the big visitors on the 25th.

Realistically, Nebraska needs to recruit 10 or more 4* players per year. Can Rhule do it? I'm hopeful he can this season, but it's always going to be difficult at Nebraska. 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1
2 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

For reference, Nebraska landed 4 consensus 4* recruits in 2023, the #24 class in the country.

The #15 class had 2 5* and 11 4* players. The #14 class had 18 4* players. The #10 class had 1 5* and 18 4* players.

The gap between the #15 class and the #10 class isn't too big, but the gap between where Nebraska is (#24) and #15 is huge.  It would involve landing nearly all of the big visitors on the 25th.

Realistically, Nebraska needs to recruit 10 or more 4* players per year. Can Rhule do it? I'm hopeful he can this season, but it's always going to be difficult at Nebraska. 

Exactly. 

• Plus1 1

Winning in the future will of course be a key. But during  years where there are more overlooked three-star players available that  Rhule really likes, including local kids, would produce perhaps 15-20 ranked classes. And just seeing so far how he recruits it wouldn’t surprise me he brings in a few top 15, such as this year’s if DR comes. 

• Plus1 1

23 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

If Dylan commits, it’s almost a guarantee to get 10 more four star players.  It’s just the way it is when a player of his caliber at the QB position commits.  If he doesn’t, then it will probably be tough this year, but I believe Rhule will eventually get there.   I’m liking what I see from the staff so far. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 2
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

If Dylan commits, it’s almost a guarantee to get 10 more four star players.  It’s just the way it is when a player of his caliber at the QB position commits.  If he doesn’t, then it will probably be tough this year, but I believe Rhule will eventually get there.   I’m liking what I see from the staff so far. 

I certainly hope so.

The issue for Nebraska is, in my opinion, to recruit 10 or more four star players each year. I think Rhule is capable, and they seem to be laying the groundwork which is exciting.

28 minutes ago, Decked said:

Mother of god please get Dylan and we will get some large fish 

Its not that Nebraska doesn't get high profile kids interested to visit here it's the fact that they visit but don't really consider us in the end which is the frustrating part.  All it takes is one huge profile recruit to commit here and that will start a trend in the future.  Kids want to go to a place to win and hopefully Nebraska can get high profile kids to help that cause sooner rather then later.

• Mavric changed the title to OT Brandon Baker [Texas - Signed LOI]