OT Brandon Baker [Texas - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

40 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Baker commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• 2 weeks later...

On 4/19/2023 at 5:49 AM, Decked said:

Dumb 

Hard pass. I live in our west and they don’t have the work ethic. Nowadays a lot of these high school have programs and systems that rivals college so there are a lot of great high school kids that come from these schools in cali. However when they get to college and they no longer have the great program advantage it comes down to work ethic. Typically I would rather us focus on Midwest and Texas and try to build a culture. 

• 2 weeks later...

44 minutes ago, Decked said:

Let’s see if he actually visits first. No chance without. We are down. 

The fact that he's wearing the Husker gear out and around other recruits indicates that we're at least in the mix.  It's also a nice PR opportunity for us if nothing else. I've heard he's looking at a visit for the Michigan game when his team has a BYE week. Either way, nice to see we've made a good impression on him so far.

6 minutes ago, Husker816 said:

No chance on this one hes going to be Oregon bound. Thats ok we are in on a few really good OL

I agree 

19 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

The fact that he's wearing the Husker gear out and around other recruits indicates that we're at least in the mix.  It's also a nice PR opportunity for us if nothing else. I've heard he's looking at a visit for the Michigan game when his team has a BYE week. Either way, nice to see we've made a good impression on him so far.

Social media clout 

Sorry fellas but this caliber of talent we have never really landed. Aaron Green I would say is the exception. Maybe Bookie for a brief period? Always fall short. Joseph Lewis, Bookie, Andrus Peat, Owa, etc.  Need to get things rolling before we can actually have a chance at guys like this. 

• Plus1 2
  • Mavric changed the title to OT Brandon Baker [Texas - Signed LOI]