Trev studying the USC playbook?

chamrocck

7 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

What if we pay Urbs 11 million a year and he comes here and fails spectacularly? This idea that Urban will just come here and flip us around is a very optimistic take imo. He could absolutely have success here, but its also a possibility that he doesn't. 

I have similar thoughts. His NFL flameout, could have damaged his reputation with young people. I’m not sure he’d be able to recruit like he has previously.  While I’m down with giving him a shot, if so, I’d make the contract heavily incentive laden. I’m not sure he wouldn’t be here just to collect 50 mm over 5 years. Flame out after two, get fired, and walk away loaded. I’m just not sure it would be the same Urban Meyer NU would be getting. 

3 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

3 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

Mike Gundy would fit this description. Plus he has no love for T. Boones Farms Pickens U and despite having Oklahoma State in the Top 25 consistently, doesn't get any love. 

I mean, sadly, Okie Lite has been more of a "traditional power" lately than traditional powers like...say...Nebraska or Texass. 

I like Mike G as an option for the Huskers head coach. He has worked hard under Oklahoma's shadow for years and keeps coming out a winner. 

2 minutes ago, TonyStalloni said:

I like Mike G as an option for the Huskers head coach. He has work hard under Oklahoma's shadow for years and keeps coming out a winner.

I think he's a good choice.   Clearly there is some tension between Cowboys administration and Gundy.  He went all in trying to get Tennessee a few years ago, if I'm remembering the right SEC school.   I think if Nebraska came calling with a slight bump in pay, he would be on a plane here.

• Plus1 2