Report: Regents to approve alcohol sales at PBA

knapplc

• knapplc changed the title to Report: Regents to approve alcohol sales at PBA and Haymarket Park

They should have let that decision brew a bit longer.  Had a golden opportunity here to salvage some interest in attending a football game.  Now the frothy discontent shall continue. I have some unfiltered opinions on this, that I am sure others share. Nebraska football used to be intoxicating, but now it is a bit skunky.  I would suggest they reconsider, lest the discontent continue to ferment. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
26 minutes ago, runningblind said:

They should have let that decision brew a bit longer.  Had a golden opportunity here to salvage some interest in attending a football game.  Now the frothy discontent shall continue. I have some unfiltered opinions on this, that I am sure others share. Nebraska football used to be intoxicating, but now it is a bit skunky.  I would suggest they reconsider, lest the discontent continue to ferment. 

you sound like you are living the High Life.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
36 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Someone in that twitter thread said, astutely, that the infrastructure isn't there for beer sales at Memorial right now. So likely next year.

But I suppose they could buy a dozen of those rolling beer carts for the rest of this season. It's feasible.

infrastructure?  all you need is coolers and ice.  Then some people sell.  I assume they are talking about draft setup 

53 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Someone in that twitter thread said, astutely, that the infrastructure isn't there for beer sales at Memorial right now. So likely next year.

But I suppose they could buy a dozen of those rolling beer carts for the rest of this season. It's feasible.

Who needs drafts? Just sell cans and aluminum bottles. We all know it's just going to Busch-lattes and Natty that everyone wants.

9 minutes ago, knapplc said:

They don't want beer in something that can be used as a projectile.

We're not Colorado...

I think we can start a volunteer coor to tap and poor kegs. We don't need no stinking lines and CO2 Pretty sure everyone in Nebraska has that experience whether in the dorms, frat house, party house, or some BFE field.

Let's round up some commercial trash cans and as much ice as we can get ahold of!

This is perfect in my opinion.  It will increase revenue at basketball and baseball games.  I'm not a big baseball fan but going to the ballpark on a nice spring afternoon and having a beer or two sounds appealing to me.  But I'm not sold on having beer in Memorial.  The seating is so damn tight I'm not excited about having a draft beer dumped down my back as people try and squeeze through the aisles.  And the pisser situation is already dreadful.

• Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, Farms said:

This is perfect in my opinion.  It will increase revenue at basketball and baseball games.  I'm not a big baseball fan but going to the ballpark on a nice spring afternoon and having a beer or two sounds appealing to me.  But I'm not sold on having beer in Memorial.  The seating is so damn tight I'm not excited about having a draft beer dumped down my back as people try and squeeze through the aisles.  And the pisser situation is already dreadful.

Reduce the seating capacity.  They need to get down to 65k ish, new restrooms and better food/beer.  That is the only way you continue getting butts in seats long term.  I have started enjoying road games more than home games due to being crammed in. 

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, runningblind said:

Reduce the seating capacity.  They need to get down to 65k ish, new restrooms and better food/beer.  That is the only way you continue getting butts in seats long term.  I have started enjoying road games more than home games due to being crammed in. 

Yea, for some reason there's been a lot of empty seats in my section this season so we've been able to spread out a bit at least.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Report: Regents to approve alcohol sales at PBA