Report: Regents to approve alcohol sales at PBA

knapplc

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Well, this is just stupid.

If you're going to allow alcohol at one venue, do it for all venues. This makes zero sense.

Our regents and administration have been making poorly thought out, half assed decisions for decades now.  This is a contributing factor to why we are in the state we are in and it doesn't appear to be changing anytime soon.

Some people are just bad at their jobs and completely out of touch with reality. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Exactly.  I would love to know their reasoning to not sell beer at Haymarket Park.  Baseball is the perfect sport to just kick back, relax and enjoy the game on a warm day with a beer.

And Haymarket is already set up because of the minor league baseball team here. I don't get it.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, knapplc said:

And Haymarket is already set up because of the minor league baseball team here. I don't get it.

Is Haymarket owned by the University and on their property?  I know PBA is not.  I'm wondering if, in some weird way, that's affecting how they are voting.  However, that would make no sense if they already sell beer for the minor league team.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Is Haymarket owned by the University and on their property?  I know PBA is not.  I'm wondering if, in some weird way, that's affecting how they are voting.  However, that would make no sense if they already sell beer for the minor league team.

That's a good point. The City of Lincoln owns Haymarket and PBA, while Memorial and Devaney are University properties.

• Mavric changed the title to Report: Regents to approve alcohol sales at PBA