How long does Trev have with his hire?

As I sit there and listen to Husker Fans talk about who they want as their next head coach, we all understand how important the next hire is. But bc their is division right now with what direction he decides to go you have to think that if he decides to pick a borderline coach or a uninspired coach Bill O'Brien Husker fans won't or will stop supporting the University. If the coach he hires is slow to turn it around and we have another losing season after his hire how long are Nebraska fans going to call for his head??? I know its pure speculation at this point bc no coach is in place but it potentially could get ugly here with Husker Fans feel like he settled with his choice.

8 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Does anyone on Huskerboard feel that bc Trev will always be a Husker that it doesn't matter if he settled on a coach or not and Husker fans will in fact always support him just like how SF got 4+ years? Imho if he decides to settle on a coach I realistically could only see Husker fans giving him a 2 year window of support not 3 or 4.

No.  

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, hskrpwr13 said:

It fascinates me the thought that an AD gets a one and only chance to hire the correct/perfect head football coach. 

Well Trev Alberts is in a tough position with the fans bc of what poor decisions the University has made in the past. Is it fair no but that is the name of the game when your in his position. Do I want his next hire to be great yes and so does Husker nation but the University can't afford to be wrong on the choice. When I mean by wrong is asking Nebraska fans to come buy tickets on a product not worth buying? Nebraska and TA success depends on HIS Choice and his alone so thats why I asked do you think that TA gets 4 years with his hire or are Nebraska fans going to be shorter on the lease bc all we care about is winning.

7 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

That kinda falls on the upper administration though, right? 

It falls on the University bc they hired TA to let him make the best decisions he thinks in order for the University to succeed. The University feels like by hiring TA the people will support him with the choices that he decides. The people of Nebraska are very fragile rn and bc they are fragile the hire has to be successful and inspiring or the University will not have the backing of the people.  But it will fall on TA bc he decided to make the hire. 

6 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

In theory I would agree, but why isn’t Shawn Eickhorst still our AD?  Not that I thought he did a good job, but in the last few decades a new AD meant a new football coach. 

I believe that had more to do with his management of the position and the athletic department. At least that’s what it should be. 

If Trev hires a coach that doesn’t work out, but the department is being managed well and he’s willing to make a change at the appropriate time again, then I don’t think he should be fired just because of that one hire. 

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I believe that had more to do with his management of the position and the athletic department. At least that’s what it should be. 

If Trev hires a coach that doesn’t work out, but the department is being managed well and he’s willing to make a change at the appropriate time again, then I don’t think he should be fired just because of that one hire. 

I understand that I really do but can the University afford to go back any? What I mean by that is they need fan support in order to be successful. If fans stop the sellout streak what do you think will happen? The University moves on and says so we got other things for support. No the University depends on the sellout streak as a selling point to recruits, coaches. The fans are what drives the University in order to succeed. The sellout streak will all depend on Trev Alberts bc of his hire regardless if its fair or not. Alot of people feel that realistically you can turn a program around in 2 years not 4 anymore. It takes the right coach to do that can Nebraska fans be patient enough to keep waiting?

5 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I understand that I really do but can the University afford to go back any? What I mean by that is they need fan support in order to be successful. If fans stop the sellout streak what do you think will happen? The University moves on and says so we got other things for support. No the University depends on the sellout streak as a selling point to recruits, coaches. The fans are what drives the University in order to succeed. The sellout streak will all depend on Trev Alberts bc of his hire regardless if its fair or not. Alot of people feel that realistically you can turn a program around in 2 years not 4 anymore. It takes the right coach to do that can Nebraska fans be patient enough to keep waiting?

If Trev goes through a good coaching search but that coach doesn’t work out, why should fans stop supporting the program more with Trev searching for the next coach than if they fired him and hired a new AD?

• Plus1 3
2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

If Trev goes through a good coaching search but that coach doesn’t work out, why should fans stop supporting the program more with Trev searching for the next coach than if they fired him and hired a new AD?

Like i said from the beginning if TA settles for a coach instead of hiring the best coach he could have do you think he last. Not saying TA is Eickhorst but Eickhorst didnt put the fans or the University in the best position to succeed and look how people outside of Nebraska perceive us bc of that. Nebraska sucks and bc they suck I wouldn't go anywhere near them regardless of fan support or the benefits we have to offer. It all lies on if you truly believe TA doesn't settle and does a great coaching search.

17 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Like i said from the beginning if TA settles for a coach instead of hiring the best coach he could have do you think he last. Not saying TA is Eickhorst but Eickhorst didnt put the fans or the University in the best position to succeed and look how people outside of Nebraska perceive us bc of that. Nebraska sucks and bc they suck I wouldn't go anywhere near them regardless of fan support or the benefits we have to offer. It all lies on if you truly believe TA doesn't settle and does a great coaching search.

And how are you going to know if he settled if Urban just doesn’t want to coach the Huskers?

• Plus1 1