How long does Trev have with his hire?

1 hour ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Well if he hires Campbell I'm thinking that he went with someone that bets fits his morals or knows the area more so then someone outside the general area. Matt Campbell is a good coach I just dont think he will ever bring us to the top or let alone keep us there. That's my opinion if you feel that he can cool beans. The Nebraska job has alot to offer just everyone dogs Nebraska bc they haven't won so just be so called happy with whoever Trev decides. Also do you honestly feel that the two borderline coaches aren't zeroed in bc of the media influence I do. Not once have I heard a name other then the three candidates that the media put out there while husker fans have put numerous other coaches out there. Not saying that any of the other names would come but it be nice to hear names other then Campbell, Leipold, or O'Brien.

I feel that I have very little insight into the process because I do not work for the AD. You’re posting a lot about how the process should work, and yet you admit you are going to extrapolate what the process must have been if it lands on a guy you don’t believe in. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, Jason Sitoke said:

I feel that I have very little insight into the process because I do not work for the AD. You’re posting a lot about how the process should work, and yet you admit you are going to extrapolate what the process must have been if it lands on a guy you don’t believe in. 

Im just going off of what Nebraska's track record of hiring past coaches. 

If head coach Mickey Joseph's Cornhuskers win 4 out of the next 8, then the conversations about a new coach change drastically.... because that would be pretty impressive.

Why?  Because one would factor in that, from the start of the season, MJ possibly could've beat GSU and NW as well.  And that's a bowl team at 6-6.  Something Nebraska has not done since 2016.

If coach Mickey Joseph gets his Husker team to win 5 out of the next 8.... then that is your coach for next season for sure.  Give him a contract.

How could you not?  I mean, After the GS game, the home base and Projections have been saying 1-2 wins max total for 2022.

5 wins - he's our guy, without a doubt.

4 wins - and you have to really consider keeping him into next season.

And he is a Husker alum, former player, and a great coach.  For years and years, He has cut his teeth on the gridiron, a solid coach, great man, and has been extremely effective inside the homes of recruits.  

• Haha 1
On 9/21/2022 at 5:46 PM, Savage Husker said:

That kinda falls on the upper administration though, right? 

It would seem so and all the various other influential meddling that goes on. When are they held responsible? Axing athletic directors seems a convenient way of skirting responsibilities. Every situation is different I suppose. Hire the AD and let them do their job and if they have a pattern of screwing up then can them.  

• Fire 1

6 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I didnt say that just dont feel like Matt Campbell gives Nebraska the best chance to succeed. You will see how long it takes to succeed or doesn't and so will I. I just don't see how Matt Campbell can or will get it turned around here just bc he has had some success at Iowa State.

But, if he’s hired and in 4 years we are going through this again, Trev should be fired solely based on this one decision….even though he might be doing everything else very well and he got a lot of input from people who know football before hiring him. 

48 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

That might be your problem. New AD and all. 

I will give credit where credit is due TA if I remember correctly didn't make a smart decision not firing SF last season bc of his performance. Now I know what your going to say is that I was one of the few that supported SF till the end and I can admit I was wrong bc look at what kind of sh*tshow we have delt with this season. Could we have had better results this season bc of a new coach who knows but there wouldn't be that much pressure on MJ to win with what he has to work with now.

2 hours ago, admo said:

If head coach Mickey Joseph's Cornhuskers win 4 out of the next 8, then the conversations about a new coach change drastically.... because that would be pretty impressive.

Why?  Because one would factor in that, from the start of the season, MJ possibly could've beat GSU and NW as well.  And that's a bowl team at 6-6.  Something Nebraska has not done since 2016.

If coach Mickey Joseph gets his Husker team to win 5 out of the next 8.... then that is your coach for next season for sure.  Give him a contract.

How could you not?  I mean, After the GS game, the home base and Projections have been saying 1-2 wins max total for 2022.

5 wins - he's our guy, without a doubt.

4 wins - and you have to really consider keeping him into next season.

And he is a Husker alum, former player, and a great coach.  For years and years, He has cut his teeth on the gridiron, a solid coach, great man, and has been extremely effective inside the homes of recruits.  

I agree with this.

• Oh Yeah! 1

4 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I will give credit where credit is due TA if I remember correctly didn't make a smart decision not firing SF last season bc of his performance. Now I know what your going to say is that I was one of the few that supported SF till the end and I can admit I was wrong bc look at what kind of sh*tshow we have delt with this season. Could we have had better results this season bc of a new coach who knows but there wouldn't be that much pressure on MJ to win with what he has to work with now.

Your posts give me a headache. 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2
1 hour ago, M.A. said:

It would seem so and all the various other influential meddling that goes on. When are they held responsible? Axing athletic directors seems a convenient way of skirting responsibilities. Every situation is different I suppose. Hire the AD and let them do their job and if they have a pattern of screwing up then can them.  

Yeah I have a suspicion they don’t just let the AD do their job, or maybe just are not good at their own job. There are a few aspects that make me question what’s going on, but all I can do is support Trev in hopes that he’s taken the reigns and gets the ship righted, as opposed to being just a “yes man.” 

• Fire 1