Any Preferred Names if Fred Hoiberg gets fired?

On 1/28/2023 at 5:10 PM, 84HuskerLaw said:

The Big Ten wants tourney teams. Neb is not going to get many wins in the final stretch. Those go to enhance tourney prospects.

Nebraska went 5-2 in February and damaged several NCAA resumes in the process.  Your conspiracy theory is false.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2

13 hours ago, TonyStalloni said:

How fitting that the basketball team just like the football team has to go to Iowa to finish the regular season. I'm hoping the boys have a few good games left starting with the Squakeyes.

We better find some serious offense to beat them at home.  In their last 9 games at home they scored 112, 92, 81, 86, 93, 81, 93, 91, and 106.  Nebraska has only scored 80 or more 3 times all year.  We will need to do it again on Sunday, and play amazing defense, to have a shot.     

• Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
On 3/2/2023 at 11:06 AM, Hilltop said:

We better find some serious offense to beat them at home.  In their last 9 games at home they scored 112, 92, 81, 86, 93, 81, 93, 91, and 106.  Nebraska has only scored 80 or more 3 times all year.  We will need to do it again on Sunday, and play amazing defense, to have a shot.     

Not sure why people are finding this funny?  We scored over 80 and played amazing defense.  Seems like it was a pretty solid prediction.    

On 3/7/2023 at 1:08 PM, Hilltop said:

Not sure why people are finding this funny?  We scored over 80 and played amazing defense.  Seems like it was a pretty solid prediction.    

I didn't "funny" your post, but I assume the fact that its main point was, we need to score more points than they do, is why it draws such things. If you need to pat yourself on the back for the "prediction," by all means, do so.  Understand that to many it appears as if obvious prediction is obvious. In fact, your post actually hinted that Nebraska would need to score more than 81 to beat them as that was the lowest point total they had put up over 9 previous games. We didn't even do that. We did enough to win, it was beautiful. But we didn't light the world on fire offensively. We played offensively in the exact ballpark we had for much of the season and defensively tough as we had all season. Together, we did enough to win. But we didn't magically find 92+ points in that game to secure the win. 

• Plus1 1

Give Hoiberg a brand new contract extension for 7 mores years ASAP !!!

Just go with the feels and do it !!!

Ok, Ok, just playing.  

I wouldn't restructure anything.  It's been a nice year after several seasons on the job.  Now if the Huskers can build on it next season.... (regardless of how the rest of this year goes - Big Ten action, NIT action for average teams)... that would be more telling (next year).  

You can't just say it's a rebuild or throw money at Hoiberg after one pretty decent year.  Even if it feels like a tremendous improvement from the last few awful years.  

I like Hoiberg.  Hope it works out.  He shouldn't get fired after this season, so that is all good.  But.....  next year his team cannot sneak up on anyone and show up as an unmatched-super-underdog.  We need to see the HC and his staff improve this team next season.  Or else this year was just a happy, nice story outlier, if that makes sense.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, Husker03 said:

I didn't "funny" your post, but I assume the fact that its main point was, we need to score more points than they do, is why it draws such things. If you need to pat yourself on the back for the "prediction," by all means, do so.  Understand that to many it appears as if obvious prediction is obvious. In fact, your post actually hinted that Nebraska would need to score more than 81 to beat them as that was the lowest point total they had put up over 9 previous games. We didn't even do that. We did enough to win, it was beautiful. But we didn't light the world on fire offensively. We played offensively in the exact ballpark we had for much of the season and defensively tough as we had all season. Together, we did enough to win. But we didn't magically find 92+ points in that game to secure the win. 

Understood -I wasn't patting myself on the back and was genuinely curious if I was missing something.

"We played offensively in the exact ballpark we had for much of the season" - This is way off though - we averaged 67.9 points per game prior to the Iowa game.  It was even lower if you remove the non-conference games.  We over achieved on offense while holding Iowa well below their points average at home.  I get it, captain obvious stuff, but obviously some people like yourselves didn't notice how tall of a task it was.  I was honestly surprised we pulled it off.   

5 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Ummmmmm……

LMBO !!!!!  :lol::lol:  (Time to cut bait!)

Five most overpaid men's college basketball coaches: Looking at you, Calipari and Hoiberg

Money can't buy you happiness, a national championship or, in some cases, even a winning season.

Story by Paul Myerberg, USA TODAY  9h ago

Five most overpaid men's college basketball coaches: Looking at you, Calipari and Hoiberg (msn.com)

Fred Hoiberg, Nebraska

Hoiberg's stint in Lincoln opened with enormous fanfare — all deserved after his terrific run at Iowa State — but has landed with a thud. Nebraska won just 24 games and went 9-50 in Big Ten play in his first three seasons, annually ranking among the very worst teams in the major conferences. The Cornhuskers have surged in the past month and are sitting at 16-15 overall and 9-11 in the Big Ten, raising hopes that the program has turned a corner.

... Hoiberg will have to continue Nebraska's climb up the conference standings to warrant his $3.25 million salary.

• Plus1 1

If you can poach Micah Strewsberry from PSU you do it in a second.

Trev SHOULD have contacted Chris Beard but I am sure he was scared, which sucks.

Porter Moser is dying to leave OU but is probably trying to get the ND job.

Chris Lowery would be interesting but that could be a hard sell because of the boring ball he plays.

You could get any Oates assistant coach you wanted.

• Haha 1

On 3/9/2023 at 6:19 AM, teachercd said:

If you can poach Micah Strewsberry from PSU you do it in a second.

Trev SHOULD have contacted Chris Beard but I am sure he was scared, which sucks.

Porter Moser is dying to leave OU but is probably trying to get the ND job.

Chris Lowery would be interesting but that could be a hard sell because of the boring ball he plays.

You could get any Oates assistant coach you wanted.

I'd take 5 years of Rick Pitino but he's probably already making plans for St. John's

• 2 weeks later...