Nebraska signs 15-year multimedia deal with PlayFly Sports

3 minutes ago, Micheal said:

Hopefully this means the Husker sports app will be revamped. 

It's a small thing in the grand scheme of things, but their streaming audio is super unreliable. It will play for a bit before cutting off randomly and need manually restarted within the app.

Just godawful programming and it's embarrassing for a university the size of NU to just never fix it. Made following teams on the go impossible for us outside the homeland.

• Plus1 2

On 9/22/2022 at 9:31 AM, TonkaSker said:

The NIL kicker is interesting. Have to wonder if pricing that in for 15 years throws a blanket on the athlete compensation initiative Kevin Warren and Gene Smith have floated

It’s such a small amount over the entire contract.  Not even enough for one 5 star 

9 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

It's a small thing in the grand scheme of things, but their streaming audio is super unreliable. It will play for a bit before cutting off randomly and need manually restarted within the app.

Just godawful programming and it's embarrassing for a university the size of NU to just never fix it. Made following teams on the go impossible for us outside the homeland.

It’s the worst. 

• Plus1 1
23 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

What I do to listen to games is use the TuneIn Radio app and listen to a Nebraska station such as KRVN or KGFW etc. That does the trick and aloooooooot more reliable. 

I had to uninstall the Husker app because it was frustrating me too much. 

Also as someone else mentioned I hope they fix Sports Nightly. It was so good before the media rights shakeup and the new format. I miss all the guys they got rid of. 

• Thanks 3
8 minutes ago, Micheal said:

What I do to listen to games is use the TuneIn Radio app and listen to a Nebraska station such as KRVN or KGFW etc. That does the trick and aloooooooot more reliable. 

I had to uninstall the Husker app because it was frustrating me too much. 

Also as someone else mentioned I hope they fix Sports Nightly. It was so good before the media rights shakeup and the new format. I miss all the guys they got rid of. 

Thanks for the tip. I do remember doing that last year and you’re right it was a lot more stable. 

It’s definitely JUST the mobile app too, because this year I’ve been doing the audio via my computer downstairs and there are zero hiccups. Works great.

Plus I’m a big baseball guy and had difficulty finding stations carrying the baseball games. Hopefully better luck this year - for the ball team too :lol:

• Plus1 1