NU Identity: Do we need a Defense Minded or Offense Minded Coach?

TGHusker

Coaching Identity   

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Some turnovers are inevitable but a consistent pattern of losing the margin is a strong indicator of lack of focus and effort by the players.   Players do play like they practice and a sloppy, lackluster practice routine over decades like that evidences similar coaching habits and inattention to details.  

A lot of different coaches and a lot of teams and players over a lot of years.  Just more evidence that far too many within the program have been way over paid and failed to take their jobs seriously.  

And these days, losing has become routine and ordinary.  The mentality has permeated the program.  Sadly, the players have become numb to the losses and grown to accept loser status.  Very hard to break bad habits.  A new psychology must be brought in.  I’d look hard at that area of the Department as well. The losing ‘cancer’ is infected most teams, particularly the mens’ sports.  Bring in new team psychologists ASAP.  Get entire department hypnotized?  Something.  

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Some turnovers are inevitable but a consistent pattern of losing the margin is a strong indicator of lack of focus and effort by the players.   Players do play like they practice and a sloppy, lackluster practice routine over decades like that evidences similar coaching habits and inattention to details.  

A lot of different coaches and a lot of teams and players over a lot of years.  Just more evidence that far too many within the program have been way over paid and failed to take their jobs seriously.  

And these days, losing has become routine and ordinary.  The mentality has permeated the program.  Sadly, the players have become numb to the losses and grown to accept loser status.  Very hard to break bad habits.  A new psychology must be brought in.  I’d look hard at that area of the Department as well. The losing ‘cancer’ is infected most teams, particularly the mens’ sports.  Bring in new team psychologists ASAP.  Get entire department hypnotized?  Something.  

I agree. When we consistently lose the turnover battle through 4 different coaches tells me the program has focused on toughness and discipline as we should. Hopefully TA will choose a coach who can excel in those areas 

21 hours ago, Hayseed said:

I heard he isn't interested in us, but yeah, Alberts should give it a shot.

Be interested in knowing who your source is that said that or if its just hearsay.

Anyway, I've heard countless sports people say phrases like that; it is usually code for I'll do it, but I want a lot of money.