Indiana Press Conferences

Gage County

15 hours ago, runningblind said:

With Indiana running the most plays of any team per game so far, and changing things over a bye week with a new defensive play caller, sounds like another disaster waiting to happen as far as being set/communicating. 

They said they were going to use single words for the alignments/assignments.  Wanted the call do get in immediately so they guys eyes were on the offense and not looking at the sideline trying to decode the calls.  The whole feet in the ground was a reference to being able to move and make plays.  I'm assuming like being able to "plant feet and go make the play" vs being caught flat footed.  

The comments would make me think our D was complicated and why last year (with 4 year starters) was the "best" D we have seen under Chin.  It might be a system that takes years to learn.....There's  a level of comfort with MJ and BB having been at LSU together for the previous 3 years.  Hope it works.  Don't think we can be worse.

Being set is one thing. Making good decisions and having good eye-discipline are things that I hear brought up time and time again. The LBs make a quick post snap decision to attack a gap, find that they're in the wrong gap, and then, unable to back out or move left to right due to the traffic, get stuck, and watch a ball carrier run right on by.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, tmfr15 said:

Being set is one thing. Making good decisions and having good eye-discipline are things that I hear brought up time and time again. The LBs make a quick post snap decision to attack a gap, find that they're in the wrong gap, and then, unable to back out or move left to right due to the traffic, get stuck, and watch a ball carrier run right on by.

This has happened a lot.  Maybe with the simpler signals, they will know what gap to fill.

• Fire 1

20 hours ago, The Dude said:

I really appreciate Mickey in interviews.  Definitely my favorite Husker coach to listen to since Osborne.

Osborne's influence on how Mickey does the press conference is really evident.  Just the facts, understate his own importance, credit to the players, etc.  Humble.  No deflection and blaming.

Refreshing.

During the Whipple media session...   Who is the guy grilling him with 20 questions ??? :facepalm:  The whole time Whipp is looking to his right and can't seem to finish an answer, and the next question comes firing from the same guy with another hot question....  It's obvious that this particular media person has something to write but wants specific answers to help with his article.  :facepalm:

I doubt the media at Minnesota and KState do that stuff.  Just ask a question and let the man speak.

3 hours ago, admo said:

During the Whipple media session...   Who is the guy grilling him with 20 questions ??? :facepalm:  The whole time Whipp is looking to his right and can't seem to finish an answer, and the next question comes firing from the same guy with another hot question....  It's obvious that this particular media person has something to write but wants specific answers to help with his article.  :facepalm:

I doubt the media at Minnesota and KState do that stuff.  Just ask a question and let the man speak.

I didn’t catch the presser but id bet money it’s mckewon or callahan

17 hours ago, Undone said:

Well...you gotta love Bill's energy.

Can the slogan for our defense from this point forward this year be #BigDEnergy? Ok, it was just a thought.

Look, if they win Saturday, I'll contribute to making it trend. 

Then again, Scott's #BigDEnergy allegedly contributed to his downfall, soooooo...