*** Official Indiana Game Thread ***

Mavric

I think anyone concerned about roster turnover and attrition with whoever the new coach is should take a huge sigh of relief and get off that stance. This whole team, outside of a handful of new additions, are simply losers.  Celebrating mediocrity consistently, playing unsound football and finding a new way to lose each week. This whole progrum needs a refresh 

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 3

Just now, WWG1_we_GBR said:

I'm new here, is this normal? I watched a bunch of games today and the refs seem to be universally getting worse. Even so, they aren't even close to why this game is tied. They seemed to be on the ISU payroll late in the close game in Lawrence too. Pros...its bad. I get it.

There is no accountability for referees. Their calls are unimpeachable and the impact on the games irreversible. Sports betting is now essentially universally legal. Coincidence that reffing continues to get seemingly worse? Doubtful. 

• TBH 1
1 minute ago, gossamorharpy said:

I think anyone concerned about roster turnover and attrition with whoever the new coach is should take a huge sigh of relief and get off that stance. This whole team, outside of a handful of new additions, are simply losers.  Celebrating mediocrity consistently, playing unsound football and finding a new way to lose each week. This whole progrum needs a refresh 

This.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, gossamorharpy said:

The problem is the ones who leave are the ones with promise and talent and we will be left with the ones who dgaf. We get worse not better 

When your players commit 9 penalties at home, it is a sign that they are not afraid of consequences and they do not respect the leadership of their coaches. I doubt that players on a saban team commit so many fouls without real consequences. Being nice does not win games anymore. Mickey needs to show team that stupid penalties will not go unpunished. I do not care if we need that player on the field. If they committed a stupid penalty that cost us a scoring drive, take them out and leave them out.

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

When your players commit 9 penalties at home, it is a sign that they are not afraid of consequences and they do not respect the leadership of their coaches. I doubt that players on a saban team commit so many fouls without real consequences. Being nice does not win games anymore. Mickey needs to show team that stupid penalties will not go unpunished. I do not care if we need that player on the field. If they committed a stupid penalty that cost us a scoring drive, take them out and leave them out.

Mickey has tried to bring in fresh guys to replace underachieving guys from the first 4 games. That worked for about 20 minutes and then Indiana attacked them on D. 

2 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

Yes the new coach needs to get rid of the dead wood and bring in winners with a new culture   Of course we thought that Frost was doing that year one and two. But we found out he was the dead wood