What did we learn: Indiana

5 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I didn't get to watch the game live and nothing shows up in the highlights... did Corcoran actually take a swing at the dude.  In Mickey's interview it seemed like he may not have 

Only saw it once in replay- but yes- he took some sort of swipe- punch or head slap?- while the guy was down.  Very cheap 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Crowd was great and the place was packed, again.

Winning Friday on the road will insure (is that a old person yogurt drink?) sellouts at home the rest of the year.

LL at KU has to be the #1 target and it really can't be close.

Wisconsin is bad...15-10 in their last 25.

Iowa will be lucky to win 5 games

Minny is just horrible when that 10th year RB can't play.

Won't shock me at all if NU finishes near the top or ruins some teams season.

LL is my top choice. He pays attention to detail which was SO lacking before but is better now. But I sure wouldn’t count Coach Joseph out of the running either. 

• Plus1 1

Coach Joseph trusts his coaching staff and let's them do their jobs.  HUGE imo and not something I'd say about the previous guy who so obviousy overrode their calls at times.  Gives me confidence that should he be offered the job he'd hire the right people and give them what they need to do their job, and would trust them as experts.

• Plus1 2
6 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I didn't get to watch the game live and nothing shows up in the highlights... did Corcoran actually take a swing at the dude.  In Mickey's interview it seemed like he may not have 

It was a pretty ticky tacky call, as was his first one for pushing/pulling a guy off the pile. Best I could tell he sort of swatted at the guy, definitely not a “punch”. The refs inserted themselves into the game way too much imo. Lots of calls both ways that typically are let go.

• Plus1 1

6 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

He was finishing the block and swung his hand, open, into the guys helmet to push his face into the turf. Definitely would look like a punch live, especially with the flag the previous play.

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

Coach Joseph trusts his coaching staff and let's them do their jobs.  HUGE imo and not something I'd say about the previous guy who so obviousy overrode their calls at times.  Gives me confidence that should he be offered the job he'd hire the right people and give them what they need to do their job, and would trust them as experts.

I wonder if MJ is retained as HC and if he’d get his brother to come to Neb as DC and change Busch’s role to recruiting coordinator and ST coach??

• Plus1 1

Coaching. It matters.  And we had it last night.

Grant and Palmer were great pick ups.  

Questioned some of Whips calls, but overall did a nice job.

Buschini did a great job punting.

ST's finally showed up and were special.

Some of the younger guys got there shot and should get more playing time moving forward.

CT is a tough QB.  Got beat around again.  Needs to get rid of the ball quicker.

A win is a win.  And much needed.  On to Rutgers!

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

I wonder if MJ is retained as HC and if he’d get his brother to come to Neb as DC and change Busch’s role to recruiting coordinator and ST coach??

I'm not sure we should be so quick to think Busch should be demoted back to just special teams.  In a weeks' time he did a pretty good job with the D changes that needed to be made.  

• Plus1 5
6 minutes ago, Red Silk Smoking Jacket said:

Did I say there wasn’t improvement? You sure like moving the goal posts to fit your argument don’t you?

1- I didn’t quote your post, I made a standalone statement. No goalpost to move.

2- Your post implied the only reason we won was because we were the taller midget. Wait, my bad, you didn’t “imply” that, you clearly said it directly and also said that anybody that couldn’t see that might be the shorter midget.

Talk about moving goal posts:facepalm:
If/When you post bad takes around here, people will notice, call you out on it and laugh at them. Somehow that’s now my fault? :lol:

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 4