What did we learn: Indiana

4 minutes ago, I am I said:

It wasn’t just the flags. All those reviews, the delay when IU was trying to snap the ball, premature whistles, watching individual players instead of the “whole game”. We come to watch football not zebras. 19 combined penalties in the 1st half. 
Two not very good teams, yes. Make it worse on every play? No. 

That was a rule being applied correctly. If the offense subs in someone late, the defense gets a chance to sub too. Indiana ran someone one late and we sent in a couple of dlinemen. You see this everytime something like this happens.

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1

56 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I learned that this team has nothing to lose and everything to gain. The spark has been ignited... now it's time to feed the flame.

On another note - was I right about Malcom Hartzog, or was I right?

A few people called that one. 

• Plus1 2
9 minutes ago, I am I said:

It wasn’t just the flags. All those reviews, the delay when IU was trying to snap the ball, premature whistles, watching individual players instead of the “whole game”. We come to watch football not zebras. 19 combined penalties in the 1st half. 
Two not very good teams, yes. Make it worse on every play? No. 

That delay while Indiana needed to be snapping the ball was self inflicted. Probably shouldn’t make a personnel change with only 7 seconds left on the play clock. Yeah it looked strange but it’s not because the refs flubbed that one up.

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, lo country said:

A nice stat that's pretty telling.  Regardless if our foe was Indiana.  Never want to say what could've been had changes been made earlier......

image.thumb.png.bde3a29a9f79ca25a525cbce019cb319.png

The result of a simple coaching decision to practice tackling live.  Who would have ever thought?  

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

Fair enough. I know that rule and it sucks lol. 
when everyone is set and all subs are in and ready to go, they just sit there over the ball and no one can play…it’s stupid even if correct. 
I was just giving an example of all the refs on tv instead of players playing. 
just got sick of them on the screen 

• Plus1 1

I learned that we should show interim HC Mickey Joseph some respect & give him the support he & his staff deserve for the remainder of this season. There will be plenty of time to discuss alternatives, should they need consideration. But I feel that his experience, his character, his recruiting chops, and passion (and respect) for the Nebraska program are a winning combination that is going to be difficult to find outside of the program. Only a purposely blind man would not see that MJ has done what seemed unlikely - instill both confidence in his players & hope in the fan base - in just 2 games.

I learned that having leaders with character can motivate a team to make tangible differences on the field. I forgot what it looked like when players would run through brick walls for their coaches.

I learned that the odds are good that MJ and Busch will likely be poached by SOME program, if they aren’t shown the respect they earn at Nebraska & I hope it isn’t to another BiG program that NU would have to face.

I learned that tackling in practice is not optional. NU cut their missed tackles by more than 50% in just 2 weeks with Busch (and 3 with MJ’s decision to reinstate it in practice).

I learned we have some players that are truly Blackshirts, regardless of whether they have been given one.

I learned that sitting a player that is underperforming & putting in his backup is always the right move.

If that 4th Quarter is something that can be replicated consistently by the offense, we have a good chance of going bowling this year.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 2
  • Oh Yeah! 2
33 minutes ago, lo country said:

A nice stat that's pretty telling.  Regardless if our foe was Indiana.  Never want to say what could've been had changes been made earlier......

image.thumb.png.bde3a29a9f79ca25a525cbce019cb319.png

It's probanly more impressive that it was against Indiana based on the number of offensive plays they average per game.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

26 minutes ago, I am I said:

Fair enough. I know that rule and it sucks lol. 
when everyone is set and all subs are in and ready to go, they just sit there over the ball and no one can play…it’s stupid even if correct. 
I was just giving an example of all the refs on tv instead of players playing. 
just got sick of them on the screen 

I agree, the refs were a much bigger part of the game than they needed to be