What did we learn: Indiana

2 hours ago, BaytownHusker said:

Logan?

Ya. My bad, now I feel dumb. While at the game I saw it wasn’t Casey and so I assumed it was Logan as a mobile QB was what were lacking after the recent sack fest. The QB keep around the left on the first down okay was open for a mile and so it made sense in my head that we had put in our “wildcat” package.  

in the end. It was Chubba. Who knows what kid of wheels he has but certainly not sure he brings enough of a different dimension in that situation for the QB change to have made sense. 

Moral of the story?  I’m too dumb to know which QB was in the game but had I been in charge, Logan would have scrambled us to 7 in our column instead. ;)

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
23 minutes ago, Husker03 said:

Ya. My bad, now I feel dumb. While at the game I saw it wasn’t Casey and so I assumed it was Logan as a mobile QB was what were lacking after the recent sack fest. The QB keep around the left on the first down okay was open for a mile and so it made sense in my head that we had put in our “wildcat” package.  

in the end. It was Chubba. Who knows what kid of wheels he has but certainly not sure he brings enough of a different dimension in that situation for the QB change to have made sense. 

Moral of the story?  I’m too dumb to know which QB was in the game but had I been in charge, Logan would have scrambled us to 7 in our column instead. ;)

I agree, I'm honestly done seeing Purdy. Let me see Smothers Duel Threat when needed.

• Fire 1

9 hours ago, Red Five said:

They went 2-10 last year and 0-9 in the B1G.  They are a bad team.  They are 83rd in total offense and 107th in total defense.  There is a decent chance they don't win another game this year.

Understood.  Could you tell me what their total offense and defense was before playing Nebraska? 

Our defense held them to 290 yards and 14 points, against a 3-1 team.  Both seasonal lows for Indiana. 

If you think they don't win again, that's fine.  Anything is a decent chance or possibility, I suppose.  

Now we just need to beat 4-1 Illinois because Indiana did.  And if Indiana is bad, Illinois must be turrible.   

I basically said Indiana is a good team, and I give them credit.  But at the same time, I also appreciate the Huskers playing better ball and winning the game.  

5 hours ago, Undone said:

One other thought: Mickey & Whipple need to make sure they're not over-coaching the team during the game. I wonder if they're trying to overcompensate for some of the things Frost wasn't doing.

The decision to put Purdy in deep in our own territory was an incredibly bad one. Then it was like Whipple doubled down by calling a "stand in the pocket and throw" play on the 3rd & long.

Unless Thompson is walking up to the coaches and throwing the bird and insulting their moms I don't see why you bench one of the three best players on the team.

Joseph mentioned this I. The post game presser. They pulled Thompson because he was holding the ball too long and just not trusting what he was seeing or something to the point (play before the pull was Palmer running past his defender with no safety help. All he had to do is chuck it deep and it’s either an incomplete pass or touchdown). He explained it as TO pulling his QBs for a series to see how the d was attacking the o. Poor play calling though once Purdue got in. 

• Fire 1

4 minutes ago, admo said:

Understood.  Could you tell me what their total offense and defense was before playing Nebraska? 

Our defense held them to 290 yards and 14 points, against a 3-1 team.  Both seasonal lows for Indiana. 

If you think they don't win again, that's fine.  Anything is a decent chance or possibility, I suppose.  

Now we just need to beat 4-1 Illinois because Indiana did.  And if Indiana is bad, Illinois must be turrible.   

I basically said Indiana is a good team, and I give them credit.  But at the same time, I also appreciate the Huskers playing better ball and winning the game.  

Saying Illinois is bad doesn't take away from the win.  Nebraska has struggled vs bad teams for many years.  Its good that we did what we are supposed to do.  Beating bad teams is step 1 in this whole "get back to being good" process

With that said, Indiana is bad.

ESPN FPI #79

SP+ #83

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Saying Illinois is bad doesn't take away from the win.  Nebraska has struggled vs bad teams for many years.  Its good that we did what we are supposed to do.  Beating bad teams is step 1 in this whole "get back to being good" process

With that said, Indiana is bad.

ESPN FPI #79

SP+ #83

:koolaid2:

And we beat the good and bad out of them!!!! :w00t :w00t

On 10/2/2022 at 9:31 AM, ladyhawke said:

LL is my top choice. He pays attention to detail which was SO lacking before but is better now. But I sure wouldn’t count Coach Joseph out of the running either. 

Honestly, I want Joseph to get a chance. I think he can motivate players and I trust him to bring in the coordinators he needs to get the job done. Or, coordinator because Whipple is fine as OC. AND we know dude can recruit. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

If Busch's defense continues to show improvement and gets better as the year/season goes on why would we replace him? I might be wrong here but... the fewer coaching changes that occur the quicker the team moves on. Change, even in a limited version is difficult so if MJ is retained as HC why not give the current staff the off season and 2023 to prove their metal? Honestly, what role coaches aren't getting it done? The defensive group as a whole seems to be excited with the more aggressive game plan. The halftime adjustments happened. In game adjustments as well and the 4th quarter showed it. Continuity is always the best path, yes?