What did we learn: Indiana

16 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Whipple said he’s probably gone after the year but he will ride Joseph's coat tails as far as he can. So, that tells me that if Joseph is HC next year, he might be back. I’d be fine with him being retained. 

Did Whipple say that in an interview? Im just curious. 

4 minutes ago, mwj98 said:

Did Whipple say that in an interview? Im just curious. If he did, why would he say that given everything going on? He sounds like an a$$. 

It was in the press conference.  If I remember right, he was talking about the team being tied for first in the west.  So, they need to act like it and play like it.  He said something about he's going to coach like they have every chance to win the west.  And, if they don't accomplish it, he's probably not going to be here anyway next year.  

The way he said it, it wasn't like him being an a$$.

Although, he did say he coaches better when he's not a "nice guy".  He's better when he's a d!(k.  So.  :D:dunno

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, Gorillahawk said:

I wasn't trying to say that Whip sucks, however he's not going to be here long before sailing off into retirement. I think HCMJ will want someone who'll be here for more than a year or two

Maybe.  Or, he wants a very experienced good coach under him that already knows the players and the players know his system. Then, if Joseph is successful, he can find a new one in a couple years once he has everything else established. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, BigRedBuster said:

Maybe.  Or, he wants a very experienced good coach under him that already knows the players and the players know his system. Then, if Joseph is successful, he can a new one in a couple years once he has everything else established. 

That's definitely a possibility. All I know is that whomever the HC and OC are, I hope they have a ton of success!

• Oh Yeah! 1
On 10/3/2022 at 5:39 AM, Red Five said:

They went 2-10 last year and 0-9 in the B1G.  They are a bad team.  They are 83rd in total offense and 107th in total defense.  There is a decent chance they don't win another game this year.

They’re bout to be tied with Michigan at half.. Michigan must be really bad (insert eye roll)