Indiana Play-by-Play

Mavric

Defense:

28 42 99 23 13 2 44 had themselves a really good game.  6 and 1 had their moments, as did 82 and 91.  0 wasn't on the field to get picked on in the passing game.  8 still plays like 2 (his previous number) but sometimes he cleans up a play.  You can't just play deep coverage and exercise out there.  You need to come up and make a stick (tackle).  

Overall, the defense played their best game, but there is a lot of room for improvement.  Really liked what I saw 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

This was easily the worst play of the game for us. Barnhart should have taken the inside guy and should have known Grant was there to pick up the outside. He was never going to get to the outside guy. 

And if I remember correctly, the general rule is work inside out.  Take the inside guy first since he has shorter distance to get to the QB.  Outside guy takes usually at least a half second more, giving the QB that much more time, plus the RB that much more time to pick up the block.

• Fire 1
2 hours ago, admo said:

Defense:

28 42 99 23 13 2 44 had themselves a really good game.  6 and 1 had their moments, as did 82 and 91.  0 wasn't on the field to get picked on in the passing game.  8 still plays like 2 (his previous number) but sometimes he cleans up a play.  You can't just play deep coverage and exercise out there.  You need to come up and make a stick (tackle).  

Overall, the defense played their best game, but there is a lot of room for improvement.  Really liked what I saw 

Yep….good game and I loved the energy, but they need to keep improving.