Indiana Play-by-Play

Mavric

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I thought we would see more of this with Palmer...

I think we've actually seen him run quite a few great deep routes through the first five games, but several times Thompson has either underthrown it or overthrown it.

Agreed that if Casey keeps those on the money it'll change the way other things open up.

5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

This play was huge for many reasons. I thought we would see more of this with Palmer, but this play is after CT was sat for not throwing it deep. Now, if he does this a few more times, defenses will need to adjust for it helping everything else work better. 

That ball was over 60 yards in the air!

• Oh Yeah! 2
3 hours ago, Undone said:

I think we've actually seen him run quite a few great deep routes through the first five games, but several times Thompson has either underthrown it or overthrown it.

Palmer has 10 targets 20+ yards downfield and 6 catches. 

26 total throws 20+ yards downfield in five games.  Completed 14 which isn't terrible but on a lot of the misses the WR hasn't even had a chance.

17 minutes ago, Mavric said:

It's hard to see exactly what happens right at the end.  But the Indiana guy is down on the ground and it looks like Corcoran shoves him over (to the left as we watch it).

Guys laying on Thompson and Corcoran pulls him off. They changed things recently (or not that recently) that pulling people off a pile is a 15 yard penalty.

Edit: I'm wrong, Cocoron pushed him back in another one of those plays/actions that's not called at all that the refs were calling all night. Also embellished by the defender to draw the penalty.

12 hours ago, Mavric said:

It's hard to see exactly what happens right at the end.  But the Indiana guy is down on the ground and it looks like Corcoran shoves him over (to the left as we watch it).

I guess I just can't see it.  If anything, it looked like 3 pushed him, but it was such a light push.  Oh well... we won.

Was this all in the second half so Corcoran isn't available for the first half of Rutgers?

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I guess I just can't see it.  If anything, it looked like 3 pushed him, but it was such a light push.  Oh well... we won.

Was this all in the second half so Corcoran isn't available for the first half of Rutgers?

Right, I thought they called the wrong number and the first penalty was Palmer. But I think the coaches would have clarified that, there have been a couple questions about him having back to back penalties so if they knew one wasn't on him they would've said something. So I'm assuming there was something after the fact - the flag you see in the video was for the facemask.

And it was in the first half so he's good. I think the suspension carryover for 2nd half ejections is just for Targeting anyway? But I could be wrong there. Bizarre series of events in any case, even the ejection was questionable. It was a penalty for sure and stupid, but it wasn't a punch. And that ref is so pretentious about it - "by his actions, the player has disqualified himself from the game!" Just say he's ejected like a normal human being.