2022 Coaching Carousel

5 minutes ago, admo said:

You like to make things up, as you usually do.  

What I am making up?  For example, Sipple has been writing 2-3 articles per week that are pro-Mickey for the past few weeks.  Now that Mickey has lost 2 in a row, I am sure the media will find a new angle to take.

8 minutes ago, admo said:

You never give a name who you think should be the next coach, so you can hide away from being wrong. :laughpound

At least some of us have the nuts to stand for up for Mickey or whoever else.

As far as who I want, a) my opinion doesn't matter as far as who gets hired and b) I don't have 1 set guy I am behind.  If I had to name my favorite, I have stated multiple times I would make Luke Fickell an offer he couldn't refuse. I would also be happy with most names mentioned, some more than others.  I would be unhappy with a few, mainly BoB.  I am not championing 1 or 2 guys because I don't really feel that strongly.  I could be an annoying douche and spam the board all day with how great of a coach and leader of men Luke Fickell is, but I don't think anyone really cares to read that.

11 minutes ago, admo said:

That's why you have no respect or accountability.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Plus1 6
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 2

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

What I am making up?  For example, Sipple has been writing 2-3 articles per week that are pro-Mickey for the past few weeks.  Now that Mickey has lost 2 in a row, I am sure the media will find a new angle to take.

As far as who I want, a) my opinion doesn't matter as far as who gets hired and b) I don't have 1 set guy I am behind.  If I had to name my favorite, I have stated multiple times I would make Luke Fickell an offer he couldn't refuse. I would also be happy with most names mentioned, some more than others.  I would be unhappy with a few, mainly BoB.  I am not championing 1 or 2 guys because I don't really feel that strongly.  I could be an annoying douche and spam the board all day with how great of a coach and leader of men Luke Fickell is, but I don't think anyone really cares to read that.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Luke Fickell ???

okay-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills.gif

Now you putting yourself out there.  

I'd gladly be onboard with him.  Or Kiffin, the KSU Coach, Chadwell and or Aranda.

As for Sipple, sorry to disappoint you, but I don't read his stuff but I know he likes to ask questions in post-game interviews.  Whatever that person says in an article means nothing to me.  I have my own opinion and thoughts. 

I agree with you that BoB wouldn't be a good fit, so that is something we both have.

And I am afraid it will be Bill O'Brien that gets the job.

33 minutes ago, funhusker said:

First I’ve heard.

Are you hearing he “retired” with a month left in the season? Or after the Iowa game?

Even if he doesn’t retire, I can’t see him in Lincoln next year.

saw two comments on a video I think, after the Illinois game.  Couldn't tell if serious or not or it was just wishful thinking by the two posters.  

9 hours ago, Hilltop said:

Just curious what people have against O'Brian?  

I don't have him as my number 1 but I do think he is better than many that people have pined over.  

Any specifics or just don't like him because he isn't a sexy pick right now?

I'd imagine the naysayers on BoB stem from the way his tenure with the Houston Texans ended once he got full control of the franchise.  He was pretty bad in terms of making trades.  I'm personally a little more lukewarm on him because outside of the incredible job he did at Penn State taking over after Paterno, he's always struck me as a NFL guy.  I get that he's at Bama right now as the OC but Bama is basically run like a NFL team lol.

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

Its funny to me how some Husker Fans were making fun of Brian Kelly and his 10 million dollar salary and his early season struggles at LSU. Saying he wasn't worth that type of money. Well look how fast that has changed. They beat Alabama and are rolling. Maybe we should try to do the same bc LSU is getting their money's worth in the investment they put on him. 

Sometimes that works and a lot of times it doesn't. I would also wait a couple years to see because Kelly has always shown he can make a good top 10ish team but never really more than that and he is getting paid like a top 5 coach. That's what LSU looks like now, a very solid top 15 school that beat an Alabama team that should have 4 losses at this point. 

• Plus1 1